View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Internal Player for avi
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:32 pm 
I've been using the Internal player (R5D1) for my transcoded videos and I like it better then Xine for avi's.

However after I play an avi that I've already watched, it 'resumes' from where I left off and does not start at the begining. This is really a problem. I like the menu option in Recordings where you can play from bookmark or begining, but I can't seem to find that option for playing Video's.

Is there a way to accomplish this? A menu I'm missing somehow?

TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:39 pm 
I'm going to bump this as I'm still working on an easy way to 'restart' an avi from Internal player as it always want's to 'resume'. I was going to just use xine for avi's and give in, but I like the look of Internal better then xine. plus Internal gives you menus during playback. I just need a way to start from the begining and an option to resume too would be great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:58 pm 
I agree this is the most annoying bug. I hope this can be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:23 pm 
This is a feature of the MythTV code rather than Knoppmyth. You would probably stand a better change of getting it fixed by submitted a feature request (or patched code) over in the MythTV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Thanks for the replys.

spalVl, do you mean to post in another folder on this forum or rather at the MythTV email site? I've only posted on this forum.

I don't have a handle on Linux yet to get into any 'patch'. But it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to call up one of the already existing menus to play from begining or bookmark.

Would this be a 'ticket' item? (Never done that either).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 pm 
I have just started using the Internal player for videos to keep the playback interface the same as it is for recordings but the lack of an option to start from the beginning is very annoying. Has any progress been made on this? I may have to switch back to the mplayer resumer.

Hauppage PVR 500 MCE
Soundblaster Live
ATI Remote Wonder II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:31 pm 
I think the bookmark for MythVideo is stored in a file with '.resume' added, so you'd have Incredibles.avi and Incredibles.avi.resume.

Maybe you could make a read-only resume file. It looks like it contains a time offset for the resume point so maybe
Code:
echo -n 0.0>whatever.resume
chmod 444 whatever.resume

no matter where you stop the player will fail to write the new bookmark and restart at 0.0 again... I don't know if the write error will cause the player to puke though...

You could also purge all the resume files with something like
Code:
find /myth/video -name '*.resume' -exec rm {} \;

Caveat: I havn't tested either of these myself. The best bet for a real fix would be to post wherever the mythdevs read and ask them to give the option to restart or pick up from the bookmark when a resume file exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm 
Ideally I would like to be able to select whether I want to play from the beginning or play from the bookmark like when playing a recording. Does anyone know of a way to launch the Internal player from a script? If that were possible then I could just modify the mplayer-resumer.pl script.

Hauppage PVR 500 MCE
Soundblaster Live
ATI Remote Wonder II