View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: myth2xvid glitches
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:23 pm 
I tried out myth2xvid on one of my over-the-air ATSC recordings last night. The resulting video looks pretty good, but I hit a couple of problems:

1) The dimensions of the source broadcast stream are 704x480, but the resulting file's dimensions are 624x464. So the ratio goes from 1.46 to 1.35. I'm guessing that the auto-detect code is getting confused. I'll hack around with the script some more tonight to see if I can get it to work. The one thing I'm worried about is that all the docs I've read assume that the source file is 4x3 or 16x9, and this one is neither. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.

2) Something is wrong with indexing in the resulting AVI. Rewind, fast forward, skip forward/back and the time remaining display all don't work. I have no idea what would cause this. I'm playing the AVI on a Tvix HD-M4000 streaming client, which has pretty solid Xvid support. Does anyone have a guess about why I can skip around in downloaded Xvid files but not in the one I created?

Thanks in advance,

Boris