View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:55 pm 
Hello, its been brought to my attention that i already contribute by testing beta and svn software. but from my POV thats more of a hobby than help. IF i can help anyone in a non-finacial way feel free to contact me. I can get ahold of free web hosting accounts pretty easy if that helps at all, but im sure most of you are probably smart enough to do this without me. Im a fairly advanced Arch Linux user with years of experience in the tech field and using linux. Please dont hesitate to ask me for help. Mythtv is a great help too me every day and id like to give back as much as i can before i try to get anything else for free from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:32 pm 
The wiki _always_ needs love. How about adopting a group of pages on more advanced Linux stuff there?

Say for example, drunken monkey directions on building the latest version of the IVTV drivers that come with the R5F27, or a really bullet proof pro-grade script/directions for building the latest MythTV (0.20-fixes and the 0.21 mainline) from SVN including how to back up the old one and revert when stuff goes all pear shaped? There are existing directions and scripts but they tend to assume that things go well and don't generally include the recovery stuff.

Another project that's been on my wish list for a while is a really solid wrapper script that works like "nice" or "time", which gets called with an estimated time budget and the command you want to execute, and checks to see when there's a safe time to run it (when it won't interfere with recordings). There have been a couple of attempts at this but no one has come up with one that they seem entirely happy with.

Last edited by tjc on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 pm 
It is good to see someone putting up there hand and helping out, thanks ahronzombi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:31 am 
Site Admin
:D How timely... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am 
tjc wrote:
Another project that's been on my wish list for a while is a really solid wrapper script that works like "nice" or "time", which gets called with an estimated time budget and the command you want to execute, and checks to see when there's a safe time to run it (when it won't interfere with recordings). There have been a couple of attempts at this but no one has come up with one that they seem entirely happy with.

This 'wrapper script' would be nice to have. It would be great to run certain 'utilities' like the optimize_db.sh script nightly and not disturb recordings/etc that might be taking place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:39 pm 
I would like to see a "Nealson" plugin to monitor what shows I record, in a non-identifiable way of course. This information could be sold to help support MythTV development. That is about all I can cantribute since I am not a code monkey.
And being a plugin, it would be totally opt-in.