View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 am 
I recorded a progam and want to copy it to DVD.

Optical Disk -> Archive Files -> Find files to archive -> Select Recordings
I played with the arrow keys and Enter until I have selected one program to archive. It has a check in the box.
When I click on OK it puts me back up one level.

Under Find files to archive there is
Export Video Files - > Create DVD -> Select Destination -> Select Archive Files ->
Here I use the arrow keys again to get a check box checked for my program.

Next brings me to ->DVD menu theme. I selected myth tv.
Next brings me to -> Items selcted for Archive.
This brings me to a page where I find a list with my selected program. I highliiight the file.
The return key toggles a symbol with two red arrows one up and one down. I don't know what it means but it seems to be the only control that does anything. It doesn't put a check in the box. Even though I have selected this program 3 times, I cant get a check box to appear. The double arrow goes away when I go to the nex t frame.
In the next frame below this list, the control rotates through SP,EP,HQ, and Dont re-encode.
When I select "Dont re-encode" the capacity bar moves to show that I will nearly fill the disk.
The other formats show nothing filling the capacity.
When I I hit Next -> I come to the Log timing page, which has Cancel Update or Exit Options.

The Exit options puts me back at the Archive menu. ???? I don't get it.
There is a blank DVD in the drive., but no recording is happening.

What is the secret to selecting my program the 3rd time? Selecting it twice is not enough.
I'm thinking there must be another control on the Items Selected for Archive page other than the arrows and Enter.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

I looked for an explanation in MythTv How To, but there is no entry on Create DVD or Export Program to DVD.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comcast Cable Baltimore County.
Source 1: QAM_256
Source 2: Firewire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:48 am 
FYI: The burn process runs in the background. You can exit from the logging page to do other things, but if you come back to burnDVD, the log page should come back up if it is still working.

Were there any msgs in the log page? It typically takes a loooong time before the DVD is fully built and the actual burn starts. It may be that you just need to wait longer.

If you aren't getting anything in the log page, it may be exiting with an error (although usually you see something). There is a working directory in /myth/ (I forget the name at the moment, but it is relatively obvious). There are log files in there that you might check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:25 pm 
Check and make sure you have a valid working directory in the achive setup screen. If the directory is typed in wrong it will behave in this manor.

to change this setting; from the main menu go into setup, then media, then archive.

It will be the first setting on the first page.

Intergrated nvidia sound and network
Nvidia 6200 DVI out to Projector
multiple drives using LVM
PVR - 500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:28 pm 
See the R5F27 Hints (search for 'MythArchive') and this thread that it points you to: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15163

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:22 pm 
Also make sure you do not have the option to auto mount the cd/dvd drive enabled as that can prevent the burning program from working. You don't find that out until after the import and encoding is done, and only if you can see the entry in the log.
That setting is in the general settings section, somewere I don't remember off hand.