View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:01 pm 
I've been working on making a hack to the Myth code, and after a LOT of thinking about it....

I want to work on the SAME Myth source that the R5F27 code was based on. This way, I won't loose my systems, and keep the databases in sync between my two BE systems. I don't have the hardware to recreate my setup, or take the MBE offline to test with trunk code.

So, to get the to ACTUAL question:

Should I pull the 'tags/release-0-20-2' branch or 'branches/release-0-20-fixes?' I get the impression that the fixes branch shouldn't break anything, but I'll ask for the opinion of the experts on the board. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm 
"branches/release-0-20-fixes" is the correct one. Cecil actually used a version past the 0.20.2 stamp on branch for R5F27.

The version item in the menus will tell you what the highwater change # was when he synced. Note that the number may actually fall between two changes on that branch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
I greatly suggest you code the SVN version of MythTV. MythTV 0.21 is schedule to be out "soonish". I imagine whatever patches you have in mind, you'd want to submit for incorporate into MythTV proper. Coding with the latest SVN of MythTV is what you want to do. If you'd like to work w/ the test version of KnoppMyth, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 pm 
Cecil,

I did start hacking at the trunk branch, then realized that it would trash my current setup, and I need a MBE system/tuner to test with.

Once the 0.21 version hits, and you release R6, I'll test with that, and then add the patches proper. I'll let you get R6 out the door first, and I don't plan on upgrading immediately...I still have LOTS of transcoding to do, and get things archived before the R6 upgrade.

The patch will be a VERY CRUDE hack for OTA rotor control. Folks with sat/cable boxes don't need this, but us OTA folks do for the new DTV/ATSC transition next year. I just hope there isn't too much mystery code that I need to tweak.