View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:05 am 
Hey guys. I'm running R5F27 and all is going nicely now. I do however have a question about the DVD rip feature.

I installed the CCS (CSS?) lib and in the shell window I typed "mtd -d" - all goes well and it rips the DVD.. that is, until I try to watch the newly ripped file. I simply cannot find it!

I may have changed the "temporary path" which holds the file to "/myth/video". I'm wondering whether I dont have permissions on that folder??

What I'd like to do is to store the RIp file to my external hard drive which is mounted to myth/video/remote. I dont want the full DVD, I want to compress to about 800mb as I had loads of DVDs and not such a big hard drive!!

Thanks for any help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:15 am 
having said that, I changed the path to "/root/video_tmp/" which I created and it seems to be doing the transcode now - which it never did before.

Is there a way to speed this up? 3 hours per DVD will take for ever. I guess it's because I've chosen to reduce the DVD to "good" quality that it's taking this long?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:00 pm 
I've always found that if I rip anything other than as an .ISO it takes forever. So I have .iso's in my /myth/video folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:17 pm 
I use the "Perfect" setting to rip them to VOBs. Takes 15 - 20Min (at least it did last time I ripped one, in R5D1), but you end up with 5 - 7Gb files.