View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: 0.21 for XBOX?
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 am 
I'm looking forward to the next KM release.

To prepare for this, does anyone know where I might find a compatible frontend version for my XBOX frontends?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am 
What are you running on your frontends now? I had been running XBMC with mythtv scripts but couldn't get the skip commercials to work properly. I installed Xebian and did apt-get install mythtv and it installed 0.21. Don't know if it works yet cause my backend is still .20.2?. :? Patiently waiting for R5.5 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:42 am 
I'm currently running 0.20.2 under Xebian.

I want to make sure that there is a compatible, working 0.21 version available before I upgrade my backend. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 am 
I'm running Xebian as well and I rarely use it. I'll be happy to try the upgrade on both systems and post the results here for you. I can't promise it will happen tonight (assuming 5.5 is released tonight) but that is my current plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:35 pm 
The newer versions of XBMC have MythTV support built-in, so there's no need to install Linux and run a full Myth frontend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:12 pm 
But if you use XBMC you need to have samba enabled. Samba runs flaky on my knoppmyth box, so I would prefer to use NFS on Knoppmyth and use Xebian on the Xbox. Not to mention that I never got Live TV working on XBMC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 am 
I can verify that my xebian box can connect to R5.5. Just tried live tv and recordings, but I'm sure that scheduling and music and such should work as well.

Quote:
The newer versions of XBMC have MythTV support built-in, so there's no need to install Linux and run a full Myth frontend.

I would be interested in trying this. How did you set that up? I don't have the required stuff to compile my own copy so have been downloading premade copies. Does it have to be compiled specifically to support it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 pm 
which versions of XBMC have built in mythtv support??

I am still running a manual xbmcmythtv install

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 pm 
Your post got me looking again but this time with some success! From the mythtv wiki
Quote:
Native support for the MythTV frontend has been added to XBMC starting with revision 11787. Please note that a stable release with these native features is not currently available (as of July 2008). To take advantage of this you must build and run from SVN. Information on aquiring and installing an SVN build of XBMC can be found on the XBMC wiki: Installation Requirements

That was probably my problem. I always used the stable builds cause I didn't want it to crash while my wife is watching something important. Last night I installed the latest and greatest from T3CH and sure enough it connected. I showed all the program guide and such but I didn't have a chance to try watching anything yet. Looks promising though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:52 pm 
can you give liveTV a go for me?

If it works I will upgrade this weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:37 pm 
Sorry for the delay.
To configure add to video source.
Code:
myth://username:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

On first setup, the live tv did not play at all however it did set the backend recording live tv. After some googleing it apears that during setup you enter the backend ip address, but once it connects it tries to use the hostname from then on. After adding an advancedsettings.xml file to \UserData\ containing
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <hosts>
      <entry name="backendhostname">xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</entry>
   </hosts>
</advancedsettings>
I was able to watch live tv and recordings from within the mythtv section. Unfortunately there is some bad stuttering every few seconds making it unwatchable. I tried upping the cache size as some posts suggested but so far no dice. I'll post if I find a solution but don't have much time to spend on it right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 pm 
Today I discovered that if I highlight the recording or live tv channel that I want to watch, I can hit the white button on the controler and select "Play With... MPlayer" and it plays fine. If I choose "Play With...DVDPlayer(default)" then it stutters. Haven't found where to change the default player yet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm 
Wow,

I just give XBMC (Default windows version) a drive on my Windows PC and it's amazing. Just add a source like Goofee wrote on the precedent post and your done. LiveTV, recordind and program guide.

I was previously using Mythtvplyer on my Windows PC and Laptop.

XBMC is missing commerical skipping for now but it is still under heavy developpement. I don't have tried on my underpower PC for now so maybe will stick to mythtvplayer for them.

Thanks for sharing
Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:44 pm 
goofee wrote:
Haven't found where to change the default player yet. :)

I've just started playing around with XBMC on an xbox. I found this post that seems to set the default player.
http://xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=25 ... tcount=614

Not sure if this is the right place but I'm trying to get the xbmcmythtv script to work with Knoppmyth R5.5. I got the most recent xbmcmythtv files from CVS and I'm able to connect and watch video but the aspect ratio seems off. The videos are squished vertically. Using the myth:// protocol in XBMC without the script but with the advanced settings file seems to be fine. I'm really just trying to get commercial skipping to work. That's why I'm still playing around with the script.