View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:17 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 66
Location: orange county ca
My capture cards have disappeard. I can play already recorded programs but I can't record anything new.

Running mythtv-setup, I see no cards, and I can't add any (no errors or anything). But when I look at the shell I launched from, I do see mysql errors:

Unkown column 'parentid' in 'where clause'

This in a query to the capturecard table. I see there's no parentid in there. What the hell?

I havent done anything to my system. The only issue I've had was recently the harddrive getting filled up, which always causes it to freak out.

I did a repair on the tables like is described in the wiki (and this has solved issues for me in the past) but this did no good here.

I searched the forums and cant find a solution..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 pm 
Offline
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:00 am
Posts: 9551
Location: Arlington, MA
You haven't accidentally done a db upgrade by connecting with a Remote FE or Slave BE running 0.21 have you? There's been a rash of that going around...

BTW - You can probably repair it by dropping the table and using the commands extracted from /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/KnoppMyth.sql to recreate it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 pm 
Offline
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:07 pm
Posts: 821
Location: Melbourne, Australia
tjc wrote:
BTW - You can probably repair it by dropping the table and using the commands extracted from /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/KnoppMyth.sql to recreate it...


Alternatively, you can extract the table from your last backup, or go the fail safe: Stop the backend, go into setup and delete all cards then add them back, link to the EPG source, scan for channels, exit setup, start backend, get on with life :-)

Mike

_________________
*********************
LinHES 7.4
Australian Dragon
*********************


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:56 am 
Offline
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:00 am
Posts: 9551
Location: Arlington, MA
Extracting the table from the last backup is a possibility, assuming that there is one, but extracting the commands from mythconverg.sql.gz is at least as hard as extracting them from KnoppMyth.sql.

On the other hand dropping the cards via mythtv-setup isn't going to work, since it's the DB structure that is hosed, and setup isn't likely to be any happier with it than the backend. This kind of DB structural repair almost always means working at the DB rather than the application level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:57 am 
Offline
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 66
Location: orange county ca
That's exactly what I did, and I had no idea it would do that. I had an older laptop I was going to convert to a frontend so I installed ubuntu on it and then install the mythtv packages, I wasn't thinking that it would be the latest mythtv that could be incompatible... and I certainly didnt think it would upgrade my backend machine's database...

At any rate, I fixed it by simply adding back two fields in two tables and things work now..

tjc wrote:
You haven't accidentally done a db upgrade by connecting with a Remote FE or Slave BE running 0.21 have you? There's been a rash of that going around...

BTW - You can probably repair it by dropping the table and using the commands extracted from /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/KnoppMyth.sql to recreate it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:21 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:18 am
Posts: 1
greywire wrote:
That's exactly what I did, and I had no idea it would do that. I had an older laptop I was going to convert to a frontend so I installed ubuntu on it and then install the mythtv packages, I wasn't thinking that it would be the latest mythtv that could be incompatible... and I certainly didnt think it would upgrade my backend machine's database...

At any rate, I fixed it by simply adding back two fields in two tables and things work now..


I've done the same thing. What two fields did you add back to which tables to fix this? Thanks! :-)

-SilkBC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:31 pm 
Offline
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:00 pm
Posts: 31
Location: St. Paul, MN
These are the two tables I had to replace. I used webmin and the KnoppMyth.sql file tjc mentioned to delete and replace the bad tables.

capturecard
cardinput

Winn


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu