View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 pm 
My HD tuners are the two HD HomeRun tuners. One is set up for over-the-air tuning, the other for QAM channels over cable.

Woke up this morning to discover that MythTV didn't record the Lost season premiere last night. Ouch. It thought there was a conflict, since Lost goes to 10:02 and I was also recording Law and Order in HD. However, since I have two HD tuners that shouldn't be a conflict.

The problem seems to be due to slight differences in the callsign vs channel name, for OTA vs QAM, in my database.

For instance, the primary HD channel for the local ABC affiliate is channum 7.1 for both tuners 2 and 3 (my two HD tuners). However, the callsign for Tuner 2 (OTA I think) is "WJLADT" and callsign for Tuner 3 is "WJLA-HD" Similarly for channum 7.2... different callsigns "WJLADT2" versus "WJLA-SD" where both channel names are "WJLA-SD"

I was going to use MythWeb to make things consistent but thought I'd post here first to see if anyone else has had this problem, and if anyone thought I'd be screwing something up if I did so. I imagine I'll have to possibly delete and re-enter some shows to record.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am 
I am wondering if this is relevant, so please ignore if it's not.

A while ago I reordered my channels through mythtv-setup and accidentally gave two channels the same channel number. On the one occasion I wanted to record on a channel that shared the same channel number it recorded something else.

All I needed to do was renumber one channel so it was unique and problem was solved. So I think yes, it should solve without any issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 am 
Yep, definitely a related problem, and the fix was indeed to standardize on callsigns and channel names. No more conflict at 10:01 PM when both Lost and Law & Order are recording... two tuners will record as they should. Will have to add this to my installation cheat sheet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am 
Glad to hear it. When I read your post I hadn't been up long so was half asleep!

Good you got it sorted tho.