View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:59 pm 
I've now confirmed this with two different mythtv installations, one is Knoppmyth R5F27 and the other is a home-built system running mythtv 0.21.

Maybe one of you out there can explain this - when I record "Fear Itself" on NBC Thursday nights, the episode records for 1 hour, but on playback, if you watch the time counter, it shows that it only runs for 52 minutes and 19 seconds.

What's odd is that the program itself is complete - it starts on time and ends on time, so there's nothing missing. It's almost like there is some sort "frame dropping" going on or that it is encoded funny. I do not have this problem on any other program on NBC or any other channel.

Has anyone noticed this? It doesn't cause any problems aside from the apparent time scaling.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my velocity is significantly below the speed of light. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:21 pm 
The counter is wrong. Old problem. MythTv has had this issue forever. They'll probably fix it some day. If you watch the wall clock and didn't skip commercials you'd find it plays for the full hour. I think. (I always skip the commercials myself.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 pm 
Liv2Cod wrote:
The counter is wrong. Old problem. MythTv has had this issue forever. They'll probably fix it some day. If you watch the wall clock and didn't skip commercials you'd find it plays for the full hour. I think. (I always skip the commercials myself.)

I can live with it just fine - the program does last the correct time when I play it back.

In more severe cases, I've noticed that the counter shows something like 30 minutes when the show is actually an hour. The counter goes properly for the first 30 minutes, but then at 30 it stops moving forward even though the program itself clearly is still playing.

Is it really a bug with mythtv? I was thinking perhaps it was more of a bug with the data that's being broadcast, since it appears to be dependent on the show.

BTW, I just checked with a friend who also has mythtv recording the same show, and his is exactly 52 min 19 seconds also.