View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 am 
I found a solution to a recent problem I had, and I thought I would share it in the unlikely case that someone else runs into it. After recently upgrading and testing out the new flash streaming in mythweb, I noticed that only half of my recordings would work. These recordings would have a blank preview picture and I would get a "program not found" error when I would click on them. After adding some debug statements to the php code and after stumbling upon this, I found that mythweb was confused about my timezone. The place I live (Arizona) doesn't observe daylight savings time and mythweb was assuming it did. I double-checked that the system-wide timezone wasn't borked, but I was doubtful of that since I was getting proper recordings after the upgrade. I stumbled upon this mythtv ticket that seems to say that it is a php bug. But I also found this old closed ticket that offered a solution. I had to add this line
Code:
date.timezone = America/Phoenix

under the [Date] heading in my php.ini file. I have two such files /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini, so I added that to both. That fixed my problem! I can think of two reasons why this is probably an error that not many people would see. First, it probably only happens in locations that do not observe daylight savings time. Second, I have alot of old recordings that date back more than a year, so I have a good number of recordings that mtyhweb wasn't handling properly. Since this was a really annoying problem for me, I hope that this post might help someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 pm 
Hi,

I'm running R5.5 and modifying /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini was enough to fix this problem, Apache had to restarted for the changes to take effect. I live in Brisbane so my timezone is Australia/Brisbane.

BigB.

Some other symptoms...
Blank mythweb recorded programs images.