View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: DVD playback group
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:35 pm 
Where can I change the playback group when playing a DVD. I know how to create the groups and how to assigned the groups to recordings but not DVD's. I'm on R5.5 and using the Internal player to play DVD's.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 am 
Site Admin
As far as I'm aware, MythTV's playback group is for recordings only not DVDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 am 
cecil wrote:
As far as I'm aware, MythTV's playback group is for recordings only not DVDs.

That's what I thought too but when I start a DVD it says Default on the screen at the start. I've set my default playback group's playback speed to 1.20. I have to back it down to 1.00 to get it to play normally. I think if I used mplayer or xine I'd be fine but I like having the same myth menus and remote buttons for recordings and DVD's. I think the playback groups for DVD's is new in Myth 0.21 since I didn't see this in 0.20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:17 pm 
I Chunter2,

I have seen what you are describing, but I don't think you can change it for DVDs. Is the opposite possible? Try creating a new playback group for your 1.2 speed requirement then change the default playback group used for recordings?

Just a though.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 am 
bigB wrote:
I have seen what you are describing, but I don't think you can change it for DVDs. Is the opposite possible?

I'm guessing this would be possible but I was hoping I wouldn't have to change all my recordings to the 'new' playback group. I'll try just changing the default group's playback speed and play a DVD tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:40 pm 
I tried changing the default group's playback speed back to 1.00 and the DVD does play normally now. So one solution would be to create a new group for all my recordings and use the default for DVD's. I'm thinking xine may be the better solution to just skip the playback group completely. I just need to sort out the controls for the remote so they match up better than the defaults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 am 
chunter2 wrote:
I'm thinking xine may be the better solution to just skip the playback group completely. I just need to sort out the controls for the remote so they match up better than the defaults.

I've posted a set of lirc config files which may help. I went to some lengths to make the button usage consistent between xine and the internal player. At the very least it can serve as a starting point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:39 pm 
Looks like because of upgrading instead of reinstalling I didn't get the newest lircrc file for my remote. It makes sense that I didn't in case I had modified it a bunch. Since I hadn't I just copied over the one for my remote from the /usr/share/lirc/remotes directory and now have all the new xine button mappings. They're much better than before. Things are working well now with xine for my DVD's.