View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:08 pm 
My remote wonder has taken a few to many falls and has stopped working very well (you practically have to have it sitting on the receiver to make it work). So, I thought it was a good time to try the remote wonder II which I just received today. However I am not sure what I need to do to get this working correctly. I have removed the old remote and plugged in the new one rebooted a few times and I still don't get any response. The light flashes on the receiver and if I run dmesg | grep ati I get:
Code:
lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC $Revision: 1.67 $
lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <pmiller9@users.sourceforge.net>
lirc_atiusb[2]:  on usb2:2
usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_atiusb
usbcore: registered new interface driver ati_remote2
ati_remote2: ATI/Philips USB RF remote driver 0.2

I am not sure of my next step. I have tried running /usr/local/bin/lirc-reconfig.sh but the only options are for remote wonder and remote wonder plus. I am guessing that it is an isue with my lirc configuration but I could use a little help.

Hauppage PVR 500 MCE
Soundblaster Live
ATI Remote Wonder II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:18 pm 
I guess I should have posted this in hardware. I have tried the steps outlined here but the post is kind of old and the remote still doesn't work. I would rather use lirc again if I can. Any help would be appreciated.

Hauppage PVR 500 MCE
Soundblaster Live
ATI Remote Wonder II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 pm 
I followed the steps on the mythtv wiki and used irrecord /etc/lircd.conf to create a conf file specific to my remote and then edited my existing lircrc file as well as the created lircd.conf file to make sure the names matched and made sense.

The remote seems to mostly work except for the aux1 aux2 aux3, aux4 and PC buttons. These seem to be designed to be modifier buttons to allow you to program 5 different sets of buttons like on a universal remote.

Does anyone know if they function that way with the kernel driver? If that was the case you wouldn't need to use lirc as each aux button could be set to work with, mplayer, xine and whatever else you wanted to control.

If anyone is interested in more specifics on what I did to get my remote to work with lirc I will post them here.

Hauppage PVR 500 MCE
Soundblaster Live
ATI Remote Wonder II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 pm 
Before I switched to MCE remotes, I used an ATI RW II like the one that you have. I do not have it handy right now, but if I recall correctly, you are correct in that it can function like a universal remote. I remember having to record the IR signals with irrecord, just like you mentioned.

In your case, however, instead of using different control sets like you mentioned, just modify your lircrc file to use the existing key mappings within xine, mplayer, etc. That's the standard approach, anyway.

If you need more detailed help, just holler.