View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm 
Also, I had an issue with MythVodka on R6 that wasn't related to Hulu's thwarting: if you're still getting the "Sorry old bean" message after applying the fix, try this as root:

Code:
# chown mythtv.mythtv /var/log/mythtv/hulu_quality.log

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:20 am 
I've got this running on R5.5 (after manually compiling and installing a few things), but there are two things that aren't quite as I'd like them to be.
- The cron job does not seem to be running. Not sure why yet. The permissions on the job are the same as on everything else in /etc/cron.daily, but it looks like it just doesn't start - the log file does not get created. I've turned on cron logging, and I'll see if that gives me any clues
- Documentation on MythVodka seems to be pretty light. Any way to force it to reload the hulu data when the cron job finishes, rather than having to do it when I go back into MythVodka? The data update process is kind of slow. Any way to turn of bbc or anything else I don't want?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:04 pm 
Just saw this:

http://arstechnica.com/media/news/2009/ ... upport.ars

I don't really have time to look into the details but thought I'd post it up here in case the RSS feed could be of use to MythVodka.

Looks like Hulu is trying to throw it's uses a bone...

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 am 
An online video aggregator similar to what NeurosLink does with this site:
http://app.neuros.tv/videos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
gnash has been added to LinHES's repos. I've gone as far as I'm going with this... Hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll have a far more elegant solution to online media than MythVodka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm 
Quote:
gnash has been added to LinHES's repos. I've gone as far as I'm going with this...

The gnash method is unfortunately outdated. Hulu broke it soon after it was implemented. The newest workaround will always be at the Wiki page, and it currently uses the swfdec library. That's why I haven't posted any requests for anything related to this on Flyspray, as Hulu changes things pretty frequently.

There's a new tarball at the wiki, for those of you who installed the previous one, just replace /usr/local/bin/hulu with the new one.

Quote:
Hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll have a far more elegant solution to online media than MythVodka.

MythVodka is actually pretty great. The reason it needs to be "fixed" so much is because Hulu keeps making changes to intentionally break it. Well, they're actually trying to break XBMC and Boxee, but their changes break MythVodka as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 pm 
Quote:
The cron job does not seem to be running. Not sure why yet. The permissions on the job are the same as on everything else in /etc/cron.daily, but it looks like it just doesn't start - the log file does not get created. I've turned on cron logging, and I'll see if that gives me any clues

I had this same problem on R5.5. IIRC, if you look at the cron job script, the top line looks like this:
Code:
#! /bin/bash

If you remove the space, so it looks like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

it should run properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm 
While this wasn't working last weekend, I played around with the code a bit - I now have a version that will ignore "the " and "a " a the beginning of stream names when sorting (IE so "The A Team" shows up with the A's) and that will allow you to specify an alternate player (such as /bin/iceweasel) and have it launch a browser to the stream when playing directly does not work.

Any suggestions as to where to post the code so others can benefit?

I'm hoping to figure out in the near future how to get it to reload the database when the cron job finishes (in the background) because for me at least it takes about 5 minutes to load the hulu data XML file and whatever else it does when you start MythVodka the first time each day. I turned off loading the show images and that did not help much, so I'm guessing it is something else, but there's no real reason for this to be updated in the GUI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:34 pm 
Martian you are more right than you realize Buzz Out Loud did a story a few moths back about them wanting to install a Camera in your cable box!!! I'm no alarmist but come on guys I'd use your website if it didn't choke my 2.4Ghz P4 when I try and watch Knight Rider. I'm not trying to skip commercials I'm just trying to watch the show. I got all excited about MythVodka and then became depressed.
Rant Over

Post subject: getting a 404
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 pm 
i've been following these threads over the past few weeks. i unfortunately chose to try mythvodka right as hulu first started broking things. it seems as though i have been one step behind hulu since then. be that as it may, i feel that i am fairly well caught up with all the fixes, and am still having issues. based on the threads, it appears that some folks have it working

i initially installed mythvodka_0.7_for_km55_v8_patched.tar and then eventually applied the pertinent fixes described on the wiki for r6 (http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... aHuluFixR6), though i am using r5.5. i had a bit of trouble getting swfdec and decryptpid compiled, so i got it via apt-get

all that seems fine. it installed and i was able to compile

Code:
root@mythtv:/var/log# apt-cache showpkg libswfdec-0.8-0
Package: libswfdec-0.8-0
Versions:
0.8.4-1(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages)(/var/lib/dpkg/status)

i wasnt clear on updating ld.so.conf

Code:
# vi /etc/ld.so.conf
Add /usr/local/lib as the last line
# ldconfig

i ended up with

Code:
root@mythtv:/var/log# cat /etc/ld.so.conf

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
include /usr/local/lib

so, now when i attempt to run mythvodka, i get the usual 'sorry old bean' message

when i manually run the hulu script, i am getting 404'd:

Code:
 /usr/local/bin/hulu http://www.hulu.com/watch/56373  /var/tmp/iplayerdump.partial.mov
downloading http://www.hulu.com/sec.swf?cb=2009031101
sec.swf is current
http://releasegeo.hulu.com/content.select?pid=1Q5HHEHNlmKOoBTn5kig_4LKFEXeLB15&mbr=true&format=smil
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/hulu", line 91, in ?
    smilXML=get_HTML(smilURL)
  File "/usr/local/bin/hulu", line 10, in get_HTML
    response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 130, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 364, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 471, in http_response
    response = self.parent.error(
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 402, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 337, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urllib2.py", line 480, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

and when entering

http://releasegeo.hulu.com/content.sele ... ormat=smil

in a web broswer, i get the typical IIS 404 page

that sort of hints to me that i may not be decrypting the pid correctly

the only changes i made to the settings for mythvodka was to remove the bbc iplayer configs:

Code:
| MythVodka.GetIplayer                               |                                                                                       
| MythVodka.Encoder                                  | /usr/bin/mencoder                                                                                                 
| MythVodka.Url                                      |                                                                                                                   
| MythVodka.Grabber                                  | /usr/bin/curl                                                                                                     
| MythVodka.UsenetServer                             |                                                                                                                   
| MythVodka.Username                                 |                                                                                                                   
| MythVodka.Password                                 |                                                                                                                   
| MythVodka.ExternalGrabber                          | /usr/local/bin/mythvodgrabber.pl                                                                                   
| MythVodka.HuluGrabber                              | /bin/cat /var/tmp/huludata.xml                                                                                     

any input is greatly appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 pm 
The companies that provide the media content to Hulu have asked Hulu to stop making it available via the mechanisms used by mythvodka. Under the circumstances, I suspect that the hulu folks will "break" that interface every time someone figures out a way around it, and it is difficult to fault Hulu for doing this. If they don't do this, the media providers may eventually stop making their content available to Hulu.

It seems to me that the mythvodka interface had two key advantages:

1. Remote friendly interface.

2. Better quality video playback. I get a lot of video "tearing" when watching via the browser & flash that did not happen with mplayer.

So here's a thought: It looks like the data is still downloading. Could mythvodka be modified so that it launches firefox to play the show? This would not solve the second issue (video tearing), but it would give us back a "remote friendly" interface.

Thoughts?

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 am 
Quote:
so, now when i attempt to run mythvodka, i get the usual 'sorry old bean' message

when i manually run the hulu script, i am getting 404'd:

Get the latest tarball from the Wiki article (dated 3/09) and replace /usr/local/bin/hulu with the one in the tarball and it should work again. The version you're using is outdated (they become outdated rather frequently, though less frequently lately - there was a period where they were changing something daily). They changed the URL for the video SMIL a few days ago.

Also, the instructions on the Wiki page are only for R6. On R5.5, you shouldn't need to change /etc/ld.so.conf, and instead of having to compile swfdec yourself, you can probably just do "apt-get install libswfdec libswfdec-dev" or something like that (make sure you get the dev files), unless you have dependency problems.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:29 am 
it looks like i was a day behind once again. updating to the latest fix from 3/9 fixed the 404. as i run a fairly stock system, i also had to apt-get hashlib, which in turn updated python from 2.4.4 to 2.5.4

i've played the beginning of one video, now when i select a different video to play, it still plays the first video that i selected. seems as though i have to blow away the /var/tmp/iplayerdump.partial.mov file on occasion. will look into that and some apparent buffering problems later tonight

thanks for your input

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm 
gabeweisz wrote:
- The cron job does not seem to be running. Not sure why yet. The permissions on the job are the same as on everything else in /etc/cron.daily, but it looks like it just doesn't start - the log file does not get created. I've turned on cron logging, and I'll see if that gives me any clues

i had the same problem. i grabbed the script cron_hulu_grabber.sh and put it in /etc/cron.daily and it did not run via cron, though it did run manually.

it appears that the run-parts binary does not like file extensions. after removing the .sh, run-parts recognized it as a valid file

you can test to see what run-parts will be doing by executing:
Code:
run-parts --test /etc/cron.daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:57 pm 
Ok guy's I decided to install MythVodka from the tar file. I got as far as selecting MythVodka from the streams menu.

The first time I selected it, I was presented a menu and changed the hulu grabber to '/bin/cat /var/tmp/huludata.xml'

When I selected finish it tried to run I guess but it times out with an message "Can't find '/bin/cat"

How do I get back to be able to change the path?

Thank

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next