View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:38 am 
I've attached a version of the prebuilt MythVodka 0.7 for R5.5 with the PID fix already applied to the MythVodka article on the KnoppMyth Wiki. Download mythvodka_0.7_for_km55_v8_patched.tar.gz from this link.

Post subject: R6
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:54 pm 
Does That Patch work with R6
??

Asus P5GS
Samsung 750G Sata HDD
8400 512m Video Card
2 * jetway DVB-t
1 * Haupage DVB-S2 Card
Samsung Sata 16x DVDRW
2048M Ram
1 * Netop Ion 330

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:15 pm 
Installing Gnash, copying the patched hulu over /usr/local/bin/hulu and copying DecryptPid.swf to /usr/local/bin will work for any installation of MythVodka 0.7 on any Linux distribution. However, the patched prebuilt version I've attached to the Wiki article is for R5.5. When R6 is out, you can either install MythVodka 0.7 and Gnash yourself and apply the fix as described, or wait for a version built for R6 with the patch applied. Probably the first thing I'll do when I upgrade to R6 is install MythVodka, so I can probably make a binary tarball availiable then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 pm 
It should already be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:25 pm 
I have R6 installed. MythVodka is already there but it seems Hulu is still broke here too.

I'm not sure what method to use to fix it... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:09 am 
In that case, all you need to do is install Gnash (I don't know if you'll need to build it from source or not), then download the decryption files in my howto post and copy them over. I have the R6 ISO, once I get it installed I'll put up a Wiki article on fixing Hulu streaming on R6 with the exact commands needed and the decryption files attached.

As far as what method to use, the method I've detailed is the only one. The Python reimplementation of the decryption algorithm broke 24 hours after it was released. The Gnash/intermediary Actionscript way works perfectly, and is the same method (even the same code in my most recent tarball) the XBMC plugin is using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 am 
Well, they broke it again. There's a simple fix for it, though. I'll post details in the forthcoming R6 fix Wiki article, and wait for a while to see if there's a better way to do it. For now, though, the files I've posted won't work anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:46 pm 
Thanks for your hard work on getting this to work. I'll hang out and wait for the fix.

nickca wrote:
Well, they broke it again. There's a simple fix for it, though. I'll post details in the forthcoming R6 fix Wiki article, and wait for a while to see if there's a better way to do it. For now, though, the files I've posted won't work anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm 
I'm going to try to get to installing R6 tonight, then I'll post the details. I've also blanked my earlier howtos, because they're outdated and showing up very high in Google search results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 am 
Well, sorry guys, but we're dead in the water for now. They've broken it in a new and exciting way that's going to be hard to get around. Watch this space for updates, but for now there's no fix that will work.

Post subject: BBC i Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 am 
I wanted to use mythvodka to access bbc i player stuff, I have noticed that the BEEB have a beta release version of there I player for Linux, Has anyone tried it yet on myth or LinHES??

Asus P5GS
Samsung 750G Sata HDD
8400 512m Video Card
2 * jetway DVB-t
1 * Haupage DVB-S2 Card
Samsung Sata 16x DVDRW
2048M Ram
1 * Netop Ion 330

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 am 
OK, here's the deal. There's been some developments since my last post. However, if I post a detailed guide with the latest methods, the Hulu devs are only going to break it again. I know for a fact that they are watching forum threads like this one, although probably not this particular one as MythVodka and LinHES are pretty low profile compared to XBMC and Boxee. So, I'll ask you guys: do you want me to put up a guide for the latest method which may break in a few days, or do you want to wait until a more permanent fix is found, a day which may never really come as Hulu seems intent on not allowing anyone to view their videos anywhere but on their website?

Also, a little comedy has come out of this whole battle: Hulu's latest method of defeating us returns this string for the PID: "http://bit.ly/YVCsQ". Cut and paste that link and see what it is. At least the devs are people like us and have a sense of humor. They've probably had to put in extra hours to constantly break our attempts, and are techie types themselves who might even use MythTV or XBMC at home. It's the content providers (NBC, Fox, etc.) that are the bad guys here, and the decree to break all third-party streaming plugins came from them. Despite the fact that all MythVodka, XBMC Hulu plugin and Boxee users probably TOTAL under 10-15,000, and the subset of those who have been able to implement the various fixes probably number in the hundreds, compared to the millions who watch their videos on the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am 
I wonder if their advertisers know how difficult they are making it for me to view their ads?

Pretty soon we will only be "allowed" to watch TV if we sign an agreement to tape our eyelids open and not look away during commercials. I hope I don't need to use the restroom...

The on-demand revolution is (slowly) coming but it probably won't be televised.

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:58 pm 
Martian wrote:
I wonder if their advertisers know how difficult they are making it for me to view their ads?

That would make sense if this plugin ever showed an ad. In the weeks that I used it, I never saw one.

If it didn't strip out ads, wouldn't the Hulu folks be more accommodating? I certainly wouldn't mind watching a few ads in exchange for the content.

BTW, I vote for posting the method. Some use is better than no use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:31 pm 
OK, you're right, some use is better than none at all. So, I've made a Wiki page where the latest fix and needed files will be:

MythVodka Hulu fix for R6

Please be advised that if you do this, it's not going to work forever. You may have to do something completely different tomorrow to get it working again. Also, I've posted the exact commands you need to run, but I still wouldn't say it's for Linux beginners. I will keep the article updated with the latest info as it becomes available.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next