View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 am 
Deleted - outdated information

Last edited by nickca on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am 
I was waiting for R6 to play with mythvodka, but I was really disappointed after hearing about hulu breaking.

Maybe I will give this a try after upgrading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 am 
see http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5941

python solution to the decryption issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 am 
davilla wrote:
see http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5941

python solution to the decryption issue.

Nice find Scott! Gotta love how fast people find workarounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:13 pm 
Hehe, watching the Hulu stuff being cracked on an xbmc IRC helped :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:00 pm 
Damn, that was fast. I figured it would take much longer for this to happen. In that case, now all you need to do is edit /usr/local/bin/hulu and add a few lines (they seem to use the same Python loader as MythVodka) and put that dec.py file somewhere in your Python path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 pm 
Okay, forget the first post in this thread: here's all you need to do now to fix MythVodka.

1: Download this file.
2. Untar it somewhere and drop all three files (dec.py, rd.py and hulu) into /usr/local/bin or wherever else in your path you've installed all the MythVodka binaries/scripts (if you're using the binary package for R5.5, it's /usr/local/bin)

That's it, it works again. Maybe we'll need a fix like mine if they completely rewrite their decryption mechanism to thwart us again, but for now we're good to go again. All praise to the XBMC developers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm 
Very nice -- thanks!

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm 
Thanks! working!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:28 am 
Well, they broke it again already. Clearly, we're going to have to interface directly with their decryption mechanism rather than re-implementing it. My original method (first post in the thread) still works, and one of the XBMC devs is apparently working on a way to call the decryption routine without any intermediary ActionScript. I'm also going to try some things and see what I can come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:47 pm 
Wow, it's war! :)

Well, I'll give it a few days and see what the best/easiest work around will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:29 pm 
I think I've got a way to run the same ActionScript I've already posted, but without having to download the AIR SDK (which isn't redistributable, thus it isn't really more than a temporary fix for current installs). It involves using GNU's GNASH flash decoder and some changes to /usr/local/bin/hulu. I've also been in contact with the MythVodka developer.

What Hulu was after initially was A. primarily some site named TV.com which was basically pirating their feeds and showing them on their site to make ad revenue, which is why they initially dropped the unencrypted PID and B. to a lesser extent something called "Boxee", which is what they made this latest change to break again after LifeHacker "helpfully" posted an article called "Bring Hulu back to Boxee" detailing the work that's been done on the Python reimplementation. I don't think they even know MythVodka exists, and even if they do it's not widely used enough for them to care.

Anyway, if I get my new fix working, I'll post it here later today and also contact the MythVodka developer. This is a temporary setback at worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:01 pm 
Deleted: outdated information

Last edited by nickca on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:54 pm 
I can type
Code:
hulu http://www.hulu.com/watch/57887 /var/tmp/tempfile.mov

and the file downloads and plays fine, but if I go through the myth interface, I still get a "Sorry old bean...".

I did have to comment out the sys.exit(0) on line 45ish of the hulu script to get this far.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:44 am 
Oh, crap! That sys.exit(0) shouldn't be in there. I left that in there by mistake, I used it to test if the PID was getting decrypted without downloading anything. Yeah, either remove that from hulu or use the diff against the original hulu, which doesn't have that in there. Sorry about that. I'll reupload a new tarball with that removed in a few minutes.

Other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. If you run it from the command line and it starts spitting out stuff instead of just failing entirely, then there's no reason it shouldn't work from the MythVodka interface. Are you using the precompiled 0.7 for R5.5 from the KnoppmythWiki article?

EDIT: I've fixed the sys.exit problem, new link is in above post. Sorry about that, I've been tooling around with this so much that I have all kinds of different files, versions of hulu, etc. kicking around and I got confused. :)

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next