View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 am 
So, I've been running R6 for a couple months now without a problem. Everything has been working great. I came home from work Monday to find my myth box at full CPU/RAM usage. After ssh'ing into the box, I see the backend had sucked up all available RAM, using 2GB (1GB RAM, 1GB swap). I stopped it to be able to use the system. I browsed through the logs, but didn't see any rampant errors. I don't see any of the obvious problems, plenty of disk space, etc.

So, I fire up the backend again. Within a couple of minutes it has again grown to 2GB memory usage. I create a temporary swapfile and add it into the system to see just how high it will climb. After several hours, it's seemed to top off at 2GB, but at least the system is usable now.

So I start poking around and come across the Upcoming Recordings screen and it's completely empty. All my recording schedules are intact, it just isn't recording any of them. I run mythfilldatabase, hoping that will get it to figure out what to record, but this morning I wake up and it still has nothing in there.

I have updated with pacman -Syu. There was an update to mythtv it downloaded, but it still is doing this. I checked all the database file with myisamchk, and they look good. The backend's log file isn't reporting any errors just two lines every minute or so, "MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor" and "adding: myth as a client (events: 1)." "Myth" is the frontend run on the backend.

Are there any other ideas I could check?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:19 am 
Aha. I found the problem. I had become Googled. After upgrading to R6, I found my web password wasn't set up. After removing 832 entries of shows set to "Never record" from the db, things starting recording again.