View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:44 pm 
I have R6.2 installed and running for 2 weeks. I have EIT only as the grabber. When I go into Mythweb and click on listings I can see all the TV shows but as of a few days ago there is No Data for one of them (7 TWO) If I go into Backend Status it states:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2010-05-15 05:08 and ended on 2010-05-15 05:08. Successful.
There's guide data until 2010-05-24 10:00 (9 days).

When does mythfilldatabase run? I thought it might have done it every day or so? Even though it ran on the 15th seems too quick, maybe it didn't populate any of the channels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm 
The mythfilldatabase settings are in mythtv-setup (Alt-s) --> General a few pages in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:53 pm 
Yes thanks for that, it was set to run, seems to be running ok. It is just one channel that has No Data, there was data for it before not sure why it has stopped working for that channel? Is Mythfilldatabase even needed for EIT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:06 pm 
Site Admin
mythfilldb isn't required for EIT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 am 
Good to know thankyou.

As for the fault I was having I retuned all the free to air channels as there were 2 new ones added in my area (Ch 31 and ABC 24) after rescanning the channels, a short time later 7TWO had EPG listings again. So I'm not sure why it dropped off. It has now been displaying the EPG for a week or so ok now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm 
It drops off when the broadcaster changes a channel. When ABC24 was introduced, for example, I would expect that until I re-tune, I'd have problems with ABC1, 2 and 3, and the associated OTA EPGs. Re-tuning usually fixes all of these issues. It's a bit of a pain that they do it so often at the moment but imagine they'll all settle on something more stable during the year. This is, after all, the big "freeview" launch year.

BTW, I'd un-check the option for last minute updates in mythtv-setup: It can really screw with your programming. E.g. they do an OTA update just prior to a show airing, changing the time or name (don't laugh: They often do) then what you asked to record won't match the current listings and it will not record the show. Just a tip. Also, beware that Channel 7 always change the title of a show in the EPG if it's the final or a double episode. Where it's normal to add to the subtitle, either someone at 7 doesn't know what they're doing or they really want to screw with us: I've missed quite a few final episodes because of this.

Mike