View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 pm 
Does anyone know if there is a way to get MythTV to force the video/tv it is playing to stretch to fit the screen and disregard the aspect ratio.
I have a 16:9 Lowe SD TV that I am running at 720x576. I have had a bit of trouble convincing MythTV and X that my TV is widescreen, so what I would like to do is simply have MythTV stretch and Distort the video to fit the display. The options I've tried always seem to crop the picture so it can keep the "correct" aspect ratio without distortion.
My TV and its remote already have good and accessible controls for dealing with different aspect ratios, and I would prefer to use them.

Can anyone help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:37 am 
I had an old HD set (one of the first ones but without a tuner - weighed like 1.5 tons...) that had a similar issue. The only way I could make everything fit was to write my own modelines for xorg... There are several tools that can help with that if you want to try... Not simple though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 pm 
turpie wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to get MythTV to force the video/tv it is playing to stretch to fit the screen and disregard the aspect ratio.

In Utilities/Setup there is a set of options for the frontend called "playback". The first option is aspect ratio, where you have the option of forcing the aspect ratio. Not sure of exact sequence to get there, but it's not many button pushes.