View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:00 pm 
I have a great situation in that I have many OTA DTV channels, but I have an analog tuner.

Look up 53142 on your favorite OTA site an you will see I have many stations to choose from between Milwaukee and Chicago.

I have to enter all the channels manually. That would not be a bad deal with 100% perfect distros, but I have tried Mythbuntu and Mythdora. In both, I had to manual configure all the channels. I did it again in LinHES.

IT IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!

Is there a way to quickly dump the settings in a way to upload to another Myth system. I figure it would be a selective MySQL export and import.

Has anybody done this successfully? At the very least, I would like this as a backup option on my existing system. I am looking at the Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual Tuner, but this would still be the 3rd tuner setup. Once I have it online, it makes no sense to remove it. Three tuners should be a great thing!

Ideas?

Thanks

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:02 am 
The channels table has the central stuff. For DTV there are are at least one or two others which contain the "transport" details, but for analog it's all in channels.

Since mysqldump produces insert statements it's quite simple to extract the contents of that table from one DB or DB backup and re-import it into a new DB. I've done this many times. On occasion I've had to edit the insert statements but that really isn't too difficult given even a little knowledge.

Hmmm... Rereading your question it seems that you're doing DTV, that would mean you also need the transports and such. Most of them have obvious names, like channel something, or something dtv something, or something transport.