View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 pm 
I've been running MythBuntu for about 10 years and have used LinHes as a backup for about 5. I use HDhomeRun Prime and Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth. Its awesome how fast the Prime gets setup. Once LinHes is installed and rebooted I can go directly to video sources, enter schedules direct info, go to input connections, tie the tuners to the video source and Im ready to back out. It takes takes longer to download and install guide data for 229 channels then the install and setup takes. 15-20 minutes max.
The ceton is a completely different story. The drivers and network got set up automatically but the capture card settings had to be done manually. I spent 3-4 hours getting the 6 tuners setup. It takes 15-20 minutes before the "New Capture Card" button will open the settings page. (I know It's MythTV 0.28 that has the problem) If you click more than once when the next wind opens it select dvb and closes again. The wait starts again to open the dvb and change to ceton.
Has anybody been able to get the capture card settings automatically setup like the home run does?
Any Ideas to make the process go faster? Is there a config file that could be manualyedited?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am 
bhcv wrote:
. I spent 3-4 hours getting the 6 tuners setup. It takes 15-20 minutes before the "New Capture Card" button will open the settings page. (I know It's MythTV 0.28 that has the problem) If you click more than once when the next wind opens it select dvb and closes again. The wait starts again to open the dvb and change to ceton.

I just ran updates then went to "Capture Card" to edit a IPTV recorder with new URL. There is no more delay is Capture card setup! Thanks for the fix!