View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:49 am 
Quote:
MythStreamTV is a MythTV plugin that allows live transcoding and streaming of MPEG 1/2 (PVR-x50/M-179/DVB/ATSC/HD) to Windows Media Player/Mplayer and allows control via MythWeb.

http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/

This is nice. It took me a while to get ffmpeg and vlc configured to build properly, but it turns out I should have just followed the instructions in the README...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:56 am 
I gave up on this plugin. i get the video to stream fine but was never able to compile the vlc correctly to get the audio codex to work....I'm back in the age of silent movies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:56 am 
Ha! I had this happen as well... It was related to issues with ffmpeg not picking up libmp3lame for mp3 encoding. Make sure to recompile ffmpeg with the proper parameters.
Also, using "ldd" to check library dependencies helps a lot to find out if indeed the compiled version does depend on libmp3lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:20 pm 
im sorry to dig up the past, but im having the same issues as khrusher, how did you resolve this again (sorry linux newb here!)

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:52 am 
well, I am going to uninstall lame and ffmpeg and redo the whole lot. While Mythstream is pretty cool it was more of a 'thing to play with' so I didnt spend any more time on it. But now I trying to build a differnent app that requires ffmpeg/lame that is resulting in the same errors. This app is something that I will spend the time to research.

I'll report any success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:04 pm 
I successfully installed MythStreamTV onto two installations now.

The binary of VLC and ffmpeg will not work at all from my experience.

You have to compile the versions stated in the README file yourself.

The thing with compiling is VLC is the last part of the ./configure options.

Make sure that where you specify the tree location for ffmpeg is where you actually extracted the ffmpeg source and it should compile without issue.

Personally I love this plugin... I use it to watch TV at work ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:19 pm 
This is a great plugin!

After issuing #apt-get remove ffmpeg2
I followed the README, installing ffmpeg2 and vlc from source.

I got an error message while running configure for vlc about not finding libmpeg2. I added the switch
--disable-libmpeg2
which fixed the error.

dpkg --status libmpeg2-4 indicates that it is installed. Maybe someone knows what switch will avoid the error when running configure for vlc. (It's working as-is though)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:19 pm 
I've installed vlc and ffmpeg from source, and streaming a program seems to start, but when i try to connect through mplayer osx nothing happens. My console has this in it:
Code:
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
     (repeat x 50) then
Exiting... (End of file)

The console has
Code:
[00000001] main vlc error: option rt-offset does not exist
[00000001] main vlc error: option rt-offset does not exist
[00000224] access_mms access error: failed to open a connection (tcp)
[00000224] access_mms access error: cannot connect to server
[00000224] access_mms access error: cannot connect to 192.168.0.109:8001
[00000222] main input error: no suitable access module for `mms://192.168.0.109:8001'
[00000237] main private error: cannot pre fill buffer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:24 pm 
I am trying to get mythstreamtv going, but have run into the following issues.

1) I get an error saying "configure: error: Missing header file postproc/postprocess.h" when I run the ./configure line for vlc as directed in the README file. What can I do about this?

2) Am I supposed to do a "make" and "make install" for both ffmpeg and vlc after the ./configure commands?

3) How do I determine the "Path to where vlc is installed" so I can enter this info in the install.sh script?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:29 am 
O.K. so last night I tried a few things and got a little bit further along.

1 and 2) I went ahead and did a "make" then "make install" on the ffmpeg stuff after "./configure.....lots of options". This cleared up the postproc error when I did the configure for vlc, but I got the same error as robert, so I added the --disable-libmpeg2 switch and that finally got me all the way through the configure step for vlc. Unfortunately, "make" had errors
Code:
gcc -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -o vlc src/vlc-vlc.o lib/libvlc.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_rgb_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi422_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_ymga_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmxext.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpy3dn.a ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a ./modules/codec/libtheora.a -L/usr/local/lib -g -lrt -lpthread -ldl -lm -lavformat -lz -lavcodec -lz -lmp3lame -lm -ltheora -logg
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)(.text+0x33b): In function `InitPostproc__ffmpeg':
/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1/modules/codec/ffmpeg/postprocess.c:162: undefined reference to `pp_get_context'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)(.text+0x3b9): In function `PPQCallback':
/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1/modules/codec/ffmpeg/postprocess.c:242: undefined reference to `pp_get_mode_by_name_and_quality'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)(.text+0x5ef): In function `PostprocPict__ffmpeg':
/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1/modules/codec/ffmpeg/postprocess.c:189: undefined reference to `pp_postprocess'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)(.text+0x6c4): In function `ClosePostproc__ffmpeg':
/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1/modules/codec/ffmpeg/postprocess.c:207: undefined reference to `pp_free_mode'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)(.text+0x6d2):/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1/modules/codec/ffmpeg/postprocess.c:208: undefined reference to `pp_free_context'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [vlc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/mythstreamtv/vlc-0.8.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

3) Since vlc won't compile correctly for me yet, I will wait to figure out where the binary gets installed (/usr/local/bin perhaps???)