View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:05 pm 
I just noticed that Mythtv 18.1 is available for download

http://www.mythtv.org/index.php

Any hints on how to compile and install it on a R5A15.1 version of Knoppmyth would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have already tried using the diffs that are included with the R5A15.1 version but unfortunately, they seem to generate errors.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:45 pm 
hint: don't be quite so impatient.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:36 pm 
My impatience stems from a need to recomplie mythtv anyway. It seems that I can't get XVMC to work. I keep getting the error "Unable to initialize video" everytime I select XVMC playback. I have the Nvidia drivers installed. I have installed them using the Nvidia package and using the included script with no luck. When I was using R5A9, I had the same problem but I was able to recompile mythtv afainst my version of the nvidia driver and then xvmc worked. The problem is that there has been a change in the way mythtv is configured and when I type make install, I seem to have problems which are almost certainly associated with my inability to configure the source code to install properly. Therefore, I use the diffs that are provided to facilitate the configuration. Anyway, even if I am patient, I will probably still be faced with a recomplie of the source code. Therefore, I would rather do it now instead of later.

By the way, I did do a serach on the error message I reported earlier and while others have had the same problem, no one has posted a fix for the problem except to turn XVMC off which doesn't quite satisfy me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:57 pm 
well quite frankly it might as well satisfy you cause turning on xvmc means basically turning off your box as you will have continual freezes with the state that xvmc is in at the moment.

I don't mean to be too discuraging Xvmc sounds great and I tried and tried and banged my head against that wall for a long time too, and it's just that right now a wall and noone is making a dent just yet.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:40 pm 
XvMC is undergoing work, but nothing has changed from 18.0 to 18.1 on that front. .19 (or .18.2) will have improvements in XvMC. That being said, unless you *must* use XvMC for playback you're much better off not using it.