View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:09 pm 
While playing back certain programs with MythTV version 0.18 (from Knoppmyth R5A15.1), I'm getting the "You have finished watching" message popup at a specific point in the middle of the program. In each case, I have been able to press fast-forward to skip over this "false end of recording" point in order to view the rest of the program. While watching the remainder of the show, I also noticed that the commercial skip button no longer works, it says "At end, you cannot skip". I did have commercial flagging enabled (using the default "blank frame detection" method) but automatic skipping over commercials was disabled. So far I have not observed the problem on any shows where commercial flagging was disabled.

So does anyone know how MythTV determines the end of a program? For example, if I press "info" right before it gets to the "false end", it correctly shows that the show length is 1 hour but in one case it incorrectly reported a "false end" (stopped playing) only 1 minute into the show, and in another case it incorrectly reported the end of show after about 13 minutes.

This is using a PVR-250. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:39 pm 
Sounds like possible databse corruption... Look for Cesman's sticky post on checkingand repairing the DB.