View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:53 am 
A couple of times recently I have seen that a show I was recording had started late, or there was something on after a show I was recording that I wanted to record.

Is there a way to change the end time of the scheduled recording once the recording has started.

I have tried going to the Watch Recording menu, highlighting the recording, pressing i to bring up the menu (this is where you can manually stop an in-progress recording) then edit recording options then change the end recording late option to something like 35 minutes or whatever is appropriate, but it does not seem to take any notice of this change and the recording still finishes at the time that it normally would (5 minutes late in my case because of my global finish late option).

Is there another way to do this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:28 pm 
Hello Greg

I run into this situation quite a lot with sports. Assuming that it is going to run over the scheduled event. All I've been doing is launch Myth Web on my computer and then I go to Manual Schedule and create an event to start one minute after the recording ends. I can taylor the event to be as long as needed. This works well and creates a second file with the rest of the event.

RacerX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:19 am 
Ending up with two recordings is less than optimal especially if you want to archive the show to DVD. I agree that it's ok for something that you just want to watch, but given that the interface lets you edit the "end recording x minutes late" option while it is in progress, it is a little dissapointing that it takes no notice of the change.

I looked a bit further afield and found this on the mythtv-dev mailing list. Someone had come up with a patch, but he was fobbed off by isaac and jra. They both poo-pooed the idea without suggesting a better way to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:09 am 
im hearin ya greg - i curse the day the abomination that is big brother ruined my tv scheduling. bloody commercial stations :x