View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:58 pm 
Hey all,

Just got Myth up and running over the course of a (very, very long) day. Everything's peachy keen, unless I want to watch a channel numbered 61 or higher. I'll try to give as much info as possible up front:

KnoppMyth R5A16 (Myth 18.1)
LIRC 0.7.0 (hope that doesn't matter, but...)
WinPVR 150 using ivtv stable (0.2.0 rc3j)

I'm pulling standard XMLTV, again not that that should matter.

I haven't touched any fine-tune, but this doesn't seem like it would be "off by a smidge" -- I'm getting hardcore static on channel 61, but 60 looks fine. I'm on Comcast of Howard County (zip 21044), watching basic analog cable. I will double check shortly, but I *think* the channels work a) when I run the same card with the Windows software it was bundled with, and b) when I watch the same channel on a regular TV. I'm quickly approaching wit's end on this one -- fortunately, not much good comes on in that range, but I'd like to have it working just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:28 pm 
when you say you are using standard xmltv what do you mean? shouldn't you be using zap2it?

there was a problem with some of the pvr250's similar to this if you had the wrong tuner type you'd lose channels over a certain number could be the problem here too.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:54 am 
Yeah, a search will turn up more details, but this is a familiar error related to having the wrong tuner type set. Try this and report the results:
Code:
grep tuner /var/log/messages*

If you see the tuner being identified as one type (lines which say tveeprom) and set to another (lines which say "type set to") then that's most likely your problem. If you see the tuner failing to be identified (tveeprom lines that say "(idx = 99, type = 0)") you may either need a new ivtv driver or some fancy option fiddling.

BTW - Here is one of the threads: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4913

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:14 pm 
I've got IVTV 0.2.0 rc3j, and I'm setting tuner 47 in the options. As you suspected, tveeprom fails detection, but when I was messing around with other ivtv versions, I could never get any of them to work. Has anybody got all features working on a PVR 150 (NTSC, non-MCE), including high channels? If so, what ivtv version/settings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:36 pm 
You'll probably be better off with one of the 3.x series of ivtv drivers which recognize your card automatically... Again I recommend a search here, on the wiki, and possibly in the IVTV mailing list and forums. Posting the precise version and revision printed on your PVR-150 card may get an "Oh, I've got one of those too. It's a type XX and you need ivtv version X.XXX" response...