View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:05 am 
Downloaded latest Knoppmyth about two weeks ago. (e/o July)

I have an account with Zap2it! I have Knoppmyth running OK with my hardware so far, so this seems to purely be a software issue at the moment:

Program guide is always blank.

When I go into Program update, it pulls the data from datadirect and then freezes at 50%.

If I go to command line and run mythfilldatabase, it correctly wgets a bunch of data, and looks like it crunches for a while and then completes OK, giving me an expiration reminder for this November.

But when I go into mySQL, and look through the database, NO RECORDS are being populated for any of the shows or channels. I checked several tables and they're all blank.

I apt-getted XMLTV already, and I have the latest version.

My system date is fine.

Also, when I am watching a show, and I press "R", nothing happens, but I am sure that has to do with the channel guide being blank.

All I really want at this point is to be able to casually record what I am watching at the moment. The channel guide stuff SEEMS to be required for this to happen, and I will need it to work if I am to set up LIRC and all that stuff to change my digital cable box (Cablevision).

I've googled this issue for DAYS now and nobody seems to have my exact problem. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:58 am 
Just double-checking: you say you have a Zap2It account. Did you set up a set of channels in the account and select the named set in mythtv-setup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:00 pm 
and don't forget to associate that video source with something in the input connections portion of mythtv-setup

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:27 pm 
I pruned my channels in Zap2it, and then I went back and reran mythsetup and downloaded, and selected a channel source and applied the profile to all input profiles.

Same sh*t. The app calls mythfilldatabase, it runs, and nothing gets filled in mysql!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:47 pm 
"INSERT INTO dd_genre"
:?

What the hell is that?

There is no dd_genre or dd anything in mysql mythconverg database. Yet this is what's in mysql.log

I'm utterly confused. Now I revamped all my card settings and I'm getting sickly green video.

I've been a Linux user for 10 years and I've never been so frustrated by anything in my life. :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:01 pm 
maybe you're over qualified :)

can you provide more of the sql log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 pm 
khrusher wrote:
maybe you're over qualified :)

can you provide more of the sql log

It's extremely long. It's pretty much a slew of insert commands.

Looks like dd_(etc) are temporary tables. But whatever happens, there's NO data in the final bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:29 pm 
herebedragons wrote:
"INSERT INTO dd_genre"
:?
What the hell is that?

Looks like a temporary table to me, if you grep for the name through mysql.log you'll find:
Code:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dd_genre ( programid char(12) NOT NULL, class char(30), relevance char(1), INDEX progidx (programid))

and:
Code:
TRUNCATE TABLE dd_genre

Later on it's used to populate other tables:
Code:
INSERT IGNORE INTO program (chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description, showtype, category, category_type, airdate, stars, previouslyshown, stereo, subtitled, hdtv, closecaptioned, partnumber, parttotal, seriesid, originalairdate, colorcode, syndicatedepisodenumber, programid) SELECT chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description, showtype, dd_genre.class, category_type, airdate, stars, previouslyshown, stereo, subtitled, hdtv, closecaptioned, partnumber, parttotal, seriesid, originalairdate, colorcode, syndicatedepisodenumber, dd_v_program.programid FROM dd_v_program LEFT JOIN dd_genre ON (dd_v_program.programid = dd_genre.programid AND dd_genre.relevance = '0')

and:
Code:
INSERT IGNORE INTO programgenres (chanid, starttime, relevance, genre) SELECT chanid, starttime, relevance, class FROM dd_v_program, dd_genre WHERE (dd_v_program.programid = dd_genre.programid)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 pm 
Hi herebedragons,

I have seen that issue with the no fill a while back, don't remember details and didn't write it down. I went looking in the forum as there was a clue there somewhere but didn't find it. I think it was for the R5A15 / 15.1

You say you got the latest, based on that comment, I would have assume R5A16. As a hint, give the guys here the basics of your system as they do magic when armed with details.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. I recall something in regards to permissions or location of the mysql.txt file. Maybe that will trigger someone elses memory.

Also, I have seen issues because of the .qt error. It is easy to get rid of this error and makes things happier. As root run these lines:
#<code>
#good to start fresh
ln -s /home/mythtv/.qt / #space between qt and the /
ln -s /home/mythtv/.qt /root #space between qt and the /root
#<end code>

I don't know what part of the program uses this however there is stuff in it and having it fixed seems to do more good than harm.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:07 pm 
mjl wrote:
Hi herebedragons,

I have seen that issue with the no fill a while back, don't remember details and didn't write it down. I went looking in the forum as there was a clue there somewhere but didn't find it. I think it was for the R5A15 / 15.1

You say you got the latest, based on that comment, I would have assume R5A16. As a hint, give the guys here the basics of your system as they do magic when armed with details.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. I recall something in regards to permissions or location of the mysql.txt file. Maybe that will trigger someone elses memory.

Also, I have seen issues because of the .qt error. It is easy to get rid of this error and makes things happier. As root run these lines:
#<code>
#good to start fresh
ln -s /home/mythtv/.qt / #space between qt and the /
ln -s /home/mythtv/.qt /root #space between qt and the /root
#<end code>

I don't know what part of the program uses this however there is stuff in it and having it fixed seems to do more good than harm.

Mike

Knoppmyth R5a16

System

ECS k7s5a with AMD 2100 XP 512mb
Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP expert (tuner)
nvidia geforce 4800mx (128mb)
atapi HD (not sata)

I don't think my hardware is the issue, although the leadtek card is goofy as hell, I had it working before flawlessly (now that I blew my settings, I can't get it to work again)

What IS at issue is datadirect being buggy. The update freezes at 50%, and mythfilldatabase doesn't populate anything channel related or populates partially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:28 pm 
testing sig.

atapi 80gig HD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:57 pm 
I am still unable to solve this problem.

Mythfilldatabase is definitely doing something, but it most certainly is not filling
up mysql.

I'm not really sure that I even WANT to deal with channels, as it will be next to impossible to configure an external tuner to control my cable box.

All I really want -- is when I press the 'R' button, that it records the stream. Why is this so hard?

As far as the channels go, it would be nice if I could download a program guide. This would give me some hope that I could get the Tivo-like program guide functions working.

atapi 80gig HD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:58 pm 
Hi herebedragons,
Good morning.
One thing you didn't memtion was is it a new install or an upgrade? One thing that screws with mysql is the date. You mentioned the time was correct, but the right day? I know, stupid question but I think a look at the ovious is needed. You may want to open an xterm and re run the mythtv-setup. Answer yes to clear it out and start fresh. If the mythfilldatabase doesn't run when you exit, manually have it run.
$ mythfilldatabase

Watch for errors, first line usually shows me an error 400 (bad), then the second try it reports a 200 (good). It makes it appear Zap2it just seems not to get it right on the first try but it most likely is intentional. If you only get 400's then re-check settings with mythtv-setup You should see the status messages in the xterm window (you can also run via ssh / putty, mythfilldatabase )

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:14 am 
mjl wrote:
Hi herebedragons,
Good morning.
One thing you didn't memtion was is it a new install or an upgrade?

New install of Knoppmyth.

Quote:
One thing that screws with mysql is the date.

TIme and date are fine.

Quote:
You may want to open an xterm and re run the mythtv-setup. Answer yes to clear it out and start fresh.

Done that dozens of times.

Quote:
If the mythfilldatabase doesn't run when you exit, manually have it run.
$ mythfilldatabase

Done this many times as well.

Quote:
Watch for errors, first line usually shows me an error 400 (bad), then the second try it reports a 200 (good). It makes it appear Zap2it just seems not to get it right on the first try but it most likely is intentional. If you only get 400's then re-check settings with mythtv-setup You should see the status messages in the xterm window (you can also run via ssh / putty, mythfilldatabase )

Mike

I've watched mythfilldatabase run many times, and it seems to do just fine. The only thing is, it hangs at the end for a while, and I assume this is when it is trying to populate the database. There are no error messages, and nothing in the log.

I got one clue, which was that while I was loading mythtv from command line, and then tried viewing the channel information, when I exited mythtv the term had listed a few mysql syntax errors.

Obviously something is wrong with mysql, but seeing that other information is keeping state, my guess would be that mysql db structure changed somewhat during releases, and some component or two within Knoppmyth hasn't been adjusted. This is my speculation.

atapi 80gig HD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:45 am 
I would have to say at this point some sort of install problem or bad media or something, as you are the only person I've ever heard have that problem. If it was some sort of mysql syntax error or script syntax error I would think that one of the other hundreds of people running knoppmyth would have run into it.

Xsecrets

Go to page 1, 2  Next