View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:30 pm 
I've been experimenting with my Myth box for the last couple days, trying to come up with settings that center the picture optimally on my RCA 52" rear-projection TV set. Although I get the absolute best quality picture using the DVI port on the back of the TV and attaching it to my GeForce 4Ti 4600 card - it always ends up overscanned considerably, cutting the edges off top, bottom, left and right of the screen.

I can use the options in Myth's front-end to scale everything down, and make it look great with enough trial and error - BUT, then the overscanning problem still rears its ugly head when I run xmame or snes!

So, I finally tried connecting up via s-video instead. By default, that gave me an *underscanned* image with about a 1" blank space around all 4 sides. I tried all sorts of settings of the overscan option in XF86Config-4 for the nVidia drivers, but whether I had 0.0 in there, 0.8 or even 1.0, I saw no difference!

Is there possibly a driver issue where overscan isn't working properly on the GeForce 4Ti 4600 cards?

I then proceeded to try the nvtv command line options as suggested in the wikki .... but these only corrupted my display. (I got the idea the nvtv tool is really only meant for the older GeForce cards that didn't support some of the options like the overscan option in the XF86Config-4 file, though? So perhaps this is normal?)

For now, I've just gone back to the DVI connection - since I can at least make that look good as long as I don't run games in the emulators. But any help would be very welcome at this point? I tried nVidia's latest driver, as well as the ones included in the R5A16 Knoppmyth distro. Same issues with any of them I tried.