View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:41 pm 
Hi

My EIT data stopped abruptly a couple of days ago for all channels. The live TV still works so I know the box is getting a good signal. I hadn't changed anything on the box and it was running fine otherwise.

I've run mythtv-setup and all seems OK there.

Any advice of what I should look at to try to work out the problem?

thanks
-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:38 am 
I've had this sort of thing happen in the past - fortunately not for a very long time though so my memory is rather vaugue.

I would suspect it's an error in your mysql, especially as you are getting TV picture.

From a terminal (ctrl-x) run optimizedb.pl that should sort it out. (I think I've got the command right - use Tab to get the right one).

I find in most instances this fixes most things.

HTH.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:28 am 
The command, I think, must be 'optimize_mythdb.py'. I tried just running it and also again with frontend and backend stopped, and then I rebooted but still no EIT data.

What next? Look at the backend log? If so, what strings should I be looking for?

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 am 
That sounds like the correct command. I wasn't at my machine to check. Were you doing anything to your mythbox prior to EIT disappearing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:03 pm 
No, it just stopped. No changes at all. I've rebooted a few times and checked the aerial, which is fine. I'm not really familiar enough with either the inner workings of Myth or Linux in general to debug it. Hence the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm 
Anyone able to offer me any help. As it can't record anything the box isn't much use. Sadly I'm not up to working it out on my own.

Every Myth installation I've done has eventually died in some way like this. I was hoping R6 was going to be more reliable, especially after such a simple install.