View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  

Will you attend the workshop, at least remotely ?
Poll ended at Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:41 pm
It sounds so French, I will 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
5:00am PST, too early to speak French, I won't 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:41 pm 
Hello,

A workshop focusing on post-install steps will take place in Paris (France), on the 11th of September, 2010. The workshop is aimed at new comers, having successfully installed MythTV, and possibly facing troubles. It focuses on four topics:
    managing successfully a dvb-T/S scan
    installing remote control and customising lirc files
    tuning wake-up feature
    additionally, the workshop will deliver a tour d'horizon of a few MythTV advanced features.

The event takes place in Paris downtown, at La Cantine, from 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm local time (12:00 am to 4:30 pm UTC ; 8:00 am to 12:30 pm EST, 5:00 am to 9:30 am PST).

A video stream will make possible to watch the speeches in realtime; slides and videos files both will be made later available to download as well. Active attendance is welcomed on #mythtv-fr during the event.

All MythTV enthusiasts with skills in French are more than welcomed to join the event, at least remotely. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm 
Golfies,
Sounds like fun. If I had more notice I would have arranged to be there. I have to be in Copenhagen in October and will likely drop through Paris and possibly London. If you are still in Paris at that time, then let us grab dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:11 am 
Hi Christian,

I am eagerly waiting for our roads to cross in Europe again. I was in Amsterdam at IBC show past week, and fly quite often to Paris, so there is actual hope to meet. As we observed so many people who were able to install MythTV, but got challenged at configuring it, we developed talked explanations at that level. Our workshop has been focusing on basic matters (scanning channels, grabbing reliable EPG, installing remote control, configuring wake-up). That's not advanced knowledge, just a means to make mythTV easier to enter for the average happy fellow.

BTW, proceedings of the workshop are now available on-line (slides and a/v captures). The stuff is in French; I know that makes no difficulty for you.