View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:40 am 
This is kind of strange. I was using LiveTV to get school closing info. After I was done I hit the back key and myth didn't go back to the menu screen, but presented a black screen. I had to ssh in and kill the frontend to restart. The backend log showed a normal exit from livetv. I don't see this when watching recordings, etc.

I also notice that I don't always get the program guide when starting live tv. I have it enabled, but its very hit or miss whether it actually shows up or not. Yesterday it did (but I still had to kill the frontend after livetv), but today no guide.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this; I didn't see anything similar on the forum (lots of black screens, but not after live tv).

I'm running all captures at 704x480 so I don't think its an ivtv issue, but I can't rule it our either.

I still have to check /var/log/messages, etc, didn't have time this morning.

NEC OEM ND-3550A DVD burner
D-Link DWL-G510 PCI wireless adapter
MS wireless optical desktop 1000
R5F27 (+ modified sa3250ch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm 
Some new information, today I was investigating why my recordings from the last two days were black screens (some how the cable box was off), but the interesting thing was that LiveTV was acting as it should (other than being a black screen due to the cable box being off).

I entered LiveTV, got the program guide, was able to pick a channel, and then exit back to the menu.

Turn the cable box back on, try the sequence again, and it hangs on return to main menu. I'm thinking ivtv driver at this point, but since most other things are working I'm loath to rock the boat by trying an upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:12 pm 
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/238686?search_string=livetv%20black%20screen;#238686

This looks likely to be my problem, have to wait until .21 for a fix I guess.