View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 pm 
I'd arranged to have 2 coax cables for my new pvr box, and even hooked them up to the one card's inputs to verify that it records two channels at once. Works perfectly.

So after, I was trying to search for some info on the myth docs and came across this:

Quote:
The PVR-500 is a dual-encoder version of the PVR-150 card, so you can simultaneously record two different programs at the same time, because there are two encoder chips on the PCI card. Hauppuage has also installed an onboard splitter, so you can use one COAX to feed both tuners. Current versions of the PVR-500 should come with an adapter to allow you to connect a second S-Video or composite input, but this will take up a second PCI slot. Early adopters may need to purchase this item separately.

I checked the hauppage site listing the info, and the cards come with 1 tv input and 1 fm input. I quickly ran to check the cards I have, and whaddya know! One input is FM! I disconnected the FM input just to check and it still works on both tuners, as it should.

I've been messing around trying to make sure I'd have enough cables for my 2 cards and my 2 vcrs (phasing out one) and it turns out I only need 1 per card. I'd assumed both were tv inputs when I saw cards pictured before I ordered them.

This is going to make my life quite a bit easier.

And yes, I know. I'm stupid. lol