View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 pm 
I have done a little searching on this but to no avail.

Existing system is as follows:
All run R5C7. I have 3 Dish receivers and no OTA available.
I have an MBE/FE with PVR 150 and included IR Blaster, a First SBE/FE with PVR 150 and included IR Blaster and a Second SBE/FE with a PVR-500 and no blaster support.

Currently the system all works but I need to make some changes moving the New PVR500 so I can do some capturing of Video taped memories.

I want to do this.
1) Change the MBE/FE card to the PVR 500 for the additional tuner usage and install a serial blaster to change channels for Primary input.
2) Change the Secondary SBE card to the pulled PVR 150 from above and install IR Blaster support.
3) Install Primary SBE/FE into my new Antec NSK2400 case.

I am thinking since these are all Hauppauge cards I can do the following:

A) Run MythBackup and ensure I have good backups on all 3 units.
B) Power down all 3 boxes and pull the PVR-500 and install it into the MBE/FE.
C) Bring up the MBE/FE. Now I need to figure out how to rerun the setup scripts that have you choose Blaster support, IP address etc.
D) Run MythTv-Setup and delete the Capture cards and reinstall them on the MBE/FE
E) Bring up First SBE/FE and probably have to run MythTV-setup to install it's tuner card again.
F)Install my Pulled PVR-150 in Second SBE/FE and power up.
G) Rerun that initial setup script so I can install Hauppauge Blaster Support, then run MythTV-setup to configure the Tuner card.
H) Ensure everything is working and run a Backup.

My Questions

1) Does this sound like it will work if not what do I need to change?

2) Do I have to run that entire setup to change IR Blaster from the Included Hauppauge PVR150 or can I use that shortenend script just for Blaster Support?

3) What is the script to either rerun the initial setup screen or to just run the IRBlaster/Serial Blaster config if that will work?

4) Did I miss anything?

TIA, I hope someone can address my questions quickly.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:56 pm 
I *believe* mythtv doesn't have a problem with swapping cards around.

Just exit out of the front end, use alt-2 to stop the backend and alt-s to go back into the setup for the cards.

For the regular remote, it's lirc-reconfig.sh (lower case L, not capital I), but I don't remember what it is for the ircblaster.

IP address, unless you weren't using dchp, you can just edit it from the same setup screen (in General) as you do the cards. Sounds like you're probably using static ips though.

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... icIPConfig

Just to change the remote you probably don't need to rerun the initial setup screen. Just the irblaster config. I'm reasonably sure of that because mythtv uses lirc for remotes. It's not built in to myth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:50 pm 
Thanks for the reply.
The basic thing I am doing is swapping the PVR 500 in one of my SBE with the PVR 150 in my MBE.

This forces a change to the Blasters since a PVR 500 doesn't have the Hauppauge IR Blaster. I will change that box to a homebrew Serial Blaster and use my Wireless Keyboard for most control.

I am running all Static IP addresses now and wasn't interested in changing that, I just new that the Blaster settings were somewhere in that initial setup script and I wasn't sure how to re initialize that.

Sounds like I will be able to do this pretty easily, unfortunately Work is going to take me away for a few days again so I will have to wait to complete this swap until i return. Momma would be seriously upset if I broke her PVR's right before I left again.

One of these days I will have to get enough serial time together to upgrade this whole shebang to the latest release but for now R5C7 is stable and works well so I will leave it alone.

Thanks again.

SBE: AMD Dur1800, 512M, PVR500