View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:59 pm 
I just purchased a DVICO fusion hdtv lite. It works fine except for on problem and one anomaly. The anomaly is that the front end is detected as an LG Electronict LGDT VSB/QAM Frontend. The setup documentation on mythtv site states it shoud autodetect as "DViCO v2 or Air2PC v3 or pcHDTV HD-5500 Subtype ...."

This is not really an issue as it still works and I can view live TV. The problem occurs when I try to stop watching live TV. The audio stream never shuts off. I have the DVICO card connect via the provided audio cable that plugs into the CD audio jack and once I start viewing live TV the audio never shuts off.

The DVB drivers do not work at all with the analog cable. The channel scan (both myth and dvb utilities) say they find channels but none work. All I get is snow.

I have tried several different configurations of the Analog V4L drivers. All work but have the same problem. I have tried every variation of the audio input (dsp, dsp0, dsp1, dsp2, and dsp3) to no avail. I have noticed that if I mute the CD input in alsamixer it will of course mute so I have looked into the mechanics of writing a script using alsactl to mute the cd when not in use. Unfortunately I have not found the proper hook in mythtv to run this script on start of live tv viewing or stop of live tv viewing. The oddest thing is that the audio stream never starts until I initiate the live tv stream but then will not turn off, not even if I kill the backend. I have to dump the kernel modules or reboot the machine to stop it.

I have to finish saying currently I only have analog cable. I purchased the card to test my HD reception and am currently testing antennas as antennaweb says I have 5 HD stations I should be recieving. If I cannot get any over the air HD I am thinking of upgrading to digital cable, which is my only other choice for HD content.

Please advise as to how I can solve this problem.

I know it will probably not be an issue with HD as the audio stream encoded in the video stream and will not use the analog output jack, but until then I would like to get my new tuner runing.

Andre