View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:02 am 
Here's the scoop, the mb that my Athlon XP 2900, withAir2PC and Geforce 5900SE has had the sound go out about a year ago. It started long before that with the right side of the aux-input stop working, but about a year later the R+L output just sounds like static over whatever is playing. I put the computer back to use as a desktop since then. Same issue on both WinXP or Linux, so it's definetly a hardware failure.

Anyway, I want to set the computer back up as a dedicated Myth box again, it ran very stable and had no problem playing back HD material received OTA.

I need a card that can discreetly output the Front R+L, Rear R+L, Front channel, and downmix the sub channel into the Front R+L. My receiver doesn't have a dolby digital or dts decoder, but does have the 6 analog RCA inputs.

Any reccomendations on a cheap card? Most look like they'd do this easily in the WindowsXP world, but I've learned to research the ease of setting up something things up in Linux before buying.

I see the Chaintech AV-710 is an option for the DRAGON KRP system. I can spend as much as the $30 it would take to get that, but I'd like to know if something out there is a bit better for what I need or cost a little less.

Thanks for any replies, I would have never been able to get mythtv working if I hadn't been able to research this forum for previous roadblocks I've run into!