View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 pm 
I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop with a D-Link wireless network card (atheros based). I was able to (and still can) boot up completely with R5D1 (Client version 26) to use this as a frontend, I was prompted to use and setup the wireless card and X was not a problem.

I've since upgraded my backend (Fedora Core 5) to mythtv-suite-0.20.1-158.fc5 using atrpms, which apparently is Server version 31. What "version" is R5F1, is there a conversion chart somewhere? Anyway, R5F1 will boot, overlook the wireless card, fail on eth0 (since it's not connected), then get me to a blank black screen. CTRL-ALT-F1 gets me to a shell I can run "ifconfig ath0 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 up" and get the wireless card up. I've pulled the old XF86Config, but I'm unclear what parts need to be moved into the xorg.conf to give X a chance. Booting R5F1 with boot switches of fb800x600, screen=640x480 or fb=640x480 all do the same thing. Is R5F1 client version 31? Should this work on laptops like R5D1 did? Thanks for any insight.