View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:56 am 
Girkers wrote:
I have connected up the D-Link now in place of the Netgear. I will have to wait until I reinstall KM as with the new card it is appearing as eth2 and I can no longer see my Mythbox on the network.

Girkers, if you want to make that card appear as eth0, see my post toward the top of this thread re: hotplug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:45 am 
mihanson wrote:
Girkers wrote:
I have connected up the D-Link now in place of the Netgear. I will have to wait until I reinstall KM as with the new card it is appearing as eth2 and I can no longer see my Mythbox on the network.

Girkers, if you want to make that card appear as eth0, see my post toward the top of this thread re: hotplug.
Do'h! I misread what Girkers was after...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm 
novellahub wrote:
graysky wrote:
Looks like you already ordered and they will probably be fine. For others, I have several of these DLink cards that "just worked" out of the box. They are very fast and haven't given me any issues in the past 2 years (still going fine).

If your switch supports jumbo frames, remember to test them out as they can make a pretty significant difference. Here is a guide that will help.

I just picked up the same D-Link Card for my Slave Backend. My brother in law has the same card and it worked out of box in Mythbuntu. I am going to be testing it out tonight.

The D-Link card has been working flawlessly for me. I disabled the old on-board NIC (10/100) and ran netcardconfig -force to switch to the new D-link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 am 
Well for some reason the network on my KnoppMyth box is working, I am not going to ask how. Anyway to give you some indication of what a difference it makes:

Downloading from KM box:
- previously: unknown
- now: peaks at 29000kbs

Uploading to KM box:
- previously: peaked at 8000kbs
- now: peaks at 140000kbs

Whilst I am a little disappointed, I believe the problem is now with my main windows box as it is using an onboard Realtek chip. I have found that when I am doing something processor intensive on my Windows box that the network speed goes to crap.

Go to page Previous  1, 2