View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 pm 
This must be the week of weird hardware errors for me.

I replaced my Nvidia 6200TC with a 7600 GS, thinking that since it was included in the Dragon, setup would be easy.

After a day and a half of wrangling with Nvidia drivers, finally got the system up and running with 173.14.09.

LiveTV/Recordings work great for channels 2-13 on both cards in my system (PVR-250 and a PVR-500).

However, none of the tuners now find anything but snow in channels 14-68.

When I plug the cable directly into my TV, all the channels show up with no problems. I removed my splitters and plugged the tuner cards directly into the wall - no difference.

Is it possible there's a new firmware installing with R5.5 that my tuners don't like?

I didn't notice this being an issue for the two days I had R5.5 prior to installing the 7600GS. Should I just dump the new card and go back to the 6200?

[EDIT] Just realized that somehow in mythtv-setup my lineup was changed to US-BCAST rather that US-CABLE. Simple fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:40 pm 
Classic problem. Sounds like you somehow got the wrong frequency set selected. Go back through mythtv-setup and make sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong one under general or override it somewhere else in the card, input connection or channel settings. I'm guessing you have us broadcast somewhere where you should have one of the cable settings... http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=BlackScreenWatchingTV

Duh-oh!!! Crossed in flight...