View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 pm 
I installed KnoppMyth on an eMachine 6 weeks ago and mythfilldatabase has been updating without a problem until a few days ago. Around the same time it stopped updating, the eMachine lost it's internet connection due to a power glitch which hung the router. I rebooted the computer and it is running fine and wakes up properly to record scheduled programs. The only problem is that I now have to manually run mythfilldatabase. Could the internet connection loss have caused the problem? How do I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 pm 
Is the machine itself on a UPS? Have you tried rebooting to clear any zombie processes? Have you checked the DB for corruption? Check the DisasterRecovery pages on the wiki for more things to check or try.

Also see this thread for some relevant DB settings to double check: http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19397

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:24 pm 
I found the problem. I think that when the router froze, the backend tried to grab data but could not because there was no internet connection. When I noticed the problem and looked at the backend, it was stuck on a page asking to choose a language. I restarted the backend and it would wakeup and record but not grab new schedule data.

I turns out that "Automatically run mythfilldatabase" was disabled (Setup | General | Mythfilldatabase). Somehow this setting was disabled when the backend started up and could not connect to the internet.