View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: PVR-150 lirc
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 am 
I'm a linux noob and a pvr noob but i had some time on my hands this winter and decided to give it a go with linux. After many many hours of playing with pretty much all the myth distros, i was finally able to get some results with knoppmyth. I'm able to watch tv and record and the tv guide is showing what it's supposed to though I'm unsure as how to move forward with linking the sofware with my digital cable box.

So far:
I connected the little cable from the tv-card (is that COM1 or COM2 in the setup?) to the digital box and taped it with clear tape in the little window where the channel display is at the front of the box. I have a Hauppauge pvr-150 card with a dog-boned shaped remote that is silver. I remember chosing one on the list when i first set it up but i probably chose the wrong one.

I know there are a few posts on the subject but there is lots of info that's a little over my head and before I screw something up, i just want to make sure it's not something ridiculous that is stopping it from working.

I appreciate any help... I would not be at this stage if it weren't for this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:31 am 
Two questions to follow-up from your post:

1) Can you control your system with your remote? You say you "probably chose the wrong one" but never actually say whether it's working or not. (Note: if you do think you chose the wrong one, you can open up a terminal window and run "lirc-reconfig.sh" and pick a different option, to see if it helps)

2) Have you seen the PVR-150 writeup on the knoppmythwiki?

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... hSetTopBox

There may be steps here that are no longer necessary or already set up for you, but these are the steps I've used in the past to get my PVR150 blasting

Just saw something else in your note: I don't think you use either COM1 or COM2 for setup of either the IR blaster or IR receiver. So you should probably run "lirc-reconfig.sh" and try to resolve that.