View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:12 pm 
mihanson wrote:
How many pin holes? 6? 9? Does it look like a match for this plug? It's a DIN connector and comes in many flavors. I'm guessing that the port on the card is not intended for direct s-video (4 pin DIN) connection. You probably need an adapter to make a "proper" connection.

The included cable packaged is a 4-pin to 4-pin s-cable (but missing the plastic guide that S cables usually have). However, the port on the card is 9 pins. You can see the real port here. Look at the diagram and see that the port is 9 pins while labeled "S-Video / TV-Out / Composite". Weird, huh? You can also see that any 4-pin S cable would need to have the plastic guide post removed in order to fit the DIN form factor you've identified, which is exactly what Sparkle (the card OEM) did with the packaged 4-pin cable. So perhaps the problem is it's not "right", but it IS what Sparkle "intended" :? Why would this be the only 8400GS manufactured like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:14 pm 
I just tried a Knoppmyth 5.5 install with my new card. (BTW, where is 6? I thought was realeased on the 19th?)

These added to the device section make my S-vid work when in X windows. When I want to use VGA, I simply comment them out.
Quote:
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"

BUT I'm having a problem and could use a hand! Whether I route the Sparkle 8400GS output to TV-out or VGA, it cannot display live TV. Screen OSD blinks once against black, then mythfrontend becomes unresponsive while sucking all CPU cycles.

(The OSD, btw, is color, so I think Xvmc is not working EVEN THOUGH I have "UseEvents" "True" in place in xorg.conf). All this WORKED for a reasonable single stream of HDTV with my old GeForce MX4000.

So in short,

- lockup / CPU max / black screen when entering Watch TV

- I can't get Xvmc enabled.

Help!

Mm, I guess it's time to make a new post, huh.

Last edited by worldpoop on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:19 pm 
worldpoop wrote:
I just tried a Knoppmyth 5.5 install with my new card. (BTW, where is 6? I thought was realeased on the 19th?)

Torrent info here: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19586

Direct D/L: ftp://ftp.linhes.org/R6/R6.00.07/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm 
mihanson wrote:

Thank you kindly!

Go to page Previous  1, 2