View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:46 pm 
With my GeForce MX4000, after enabling Xvmc, and setting CPU profile to "CPU--", then HDTV played okay whenever OSD wasn't on.

I upgraded to 8400GS and reinstalled Knoppmyth. Now it doesn't work at all: Screen OSD blinks once against black, then mythfrontend becomes unresponsive while sucking all CPU cycles. I have to kill the frontend process.

(The OSD, btw, is color, so I think Xvmc is not working EVEN THOUGH I see "UseEvents" "True" in place already in xorg.conf).

So in short,

- lockup / CPU max / black screen when entering Watch TV

- Xvmc not enabled, even though it should be??

Help!

UPDATE:
So I tried an R6 install instead. While r6 looks very, very cool, I had same display problem pretty much as above. But to add to that, there was no way to force TV-out output, even though it is in the menus now. Why would this 8400GS be so much worse than the underpowered MX4000 for HD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm 
Site Admin
I dont' believe the 8xxx line suport XvMC. So, use VDPAU instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:04 am 
cecil wrote:
I dont' believe the 8xxx line suport XvMC. So, use VDPAU instead.

Thank you for your reply! I'm having trouble with VDPau. I installed VDPAU as per http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=243, but it broke transcoding and commerical flagging. Maybe this isn't the best way to get VDPau? (I'm not a linux guy, so good solutions aren't always obvious to me.) Thank you somebody for your help!

Here is how I installed VDPAU ("breaking" mythtv)

Murder she wrote:
pacman -Sy
(pacman -Rd nvidia)
pacman -Rd mythtv
pacman -S mythtv-vdpau

pacman -Sy
pacman -Rd mythtv mplayer
pacman -S mythtv-vdpau mplayer-vdpau-nogui

[ Then created a VDPAU playback profile in MythTV. ]

So question I guess -- is there a better or "right" way to get VDPAU working for my card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 am 
Are there any .pacsave files that would contain the mythtv files needed for transcoding? I have seen that the pacman -Rd mythtv does this with the is.xml controlling the online streams. See this thread for more. Perhaps that is what happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:17 pm 
graysky wrote:
Are there any .pacsave files that would contain the mythtv files needed for transcoding? I have seen that the pacman -Rd mythtv does this with the is.xml controlling the online streams. See this thread for more. Perhaps that is what happened?

Thank you!

Commercial flagging and transcoding seem to be working now in the newer preview. My God, I think, possibly, I'm there!

Murder she wrote:
pacman -S linhes-scripts

Now, I've done so many things, I hope updating the scripts is all I needed. If it is anything else I did, I've forgotten and it's lost in time. Anyway, I'm not touching anything anymore, this works finally... I think.

Thank you Graysky for oft helping me to get here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 pm 
worldpoop wrote:
]Thank you Graysky for oft helping me to get here!

Glad you got it. Always glad to give back.