View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 pm 
As my machine has been operating beautifully for the last 6 months after I defragmented my XFS drive, I have concentrated my tinkering to the programming my universal remote. The remote in question is a Marantz RS5200 (circa 2003 vintage) which has a b&w touch screen as well as buttons. It can learn commands from remotes or can be manually programmed by a computer interface. I have had great success teaching it commands from my Myth remote which is a Streamzap so now I can navigate around the Mythtv menus with the RS5200.

I then thought I could take it one step further and program it to send keyboard commands to perform instant navigation using key bindings. So after setting the key bindings (say Alt+T for watch live TV) and successful testing with keyboard, I then tried to teach the remote with the Logitech EX110 cordless keyboard I use for the Myth box. The remote could not detect the signal. According to the Logitech website the output from this keyboard is encrypted to avoid interference with other devices so that may cause a problem. According to the Mythtv wiki I get the impression not all keyboards can be used in this manner. Of course for this to work the remote would be transmitting to the keyboard/mouse receiver on the box which may not be possible anyway.

Can I get this to work?
Does anyone have the codes for the Logitech EX110 keyboard?
Does anyone have hex codes for keyboard functions that are generic to all machines, perhaps getting to the machine by the Streamzap receiver instead of the keyboard/mouse receiver?

On another matter I could not get the key bindings to work for Mythgallery. No matter what keys I assigned it always took me to Videos. Has anyone else experienced that?