View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 am 
Just upgraded to R 6.01 and added a new Cyberlink USB remote.

The directional buttons and the OK button on the remote work but none of the other buttons do (my remote is not listed in the options), so I used mceusb from the remotes list.

I have been trying to set teh remote up using the instructions here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1214795 (this is for the same remote). I have added my own lircd.conf and lircrc files and linked to them from /etc/lircd.conf and /etc/lircrc, the instructions reference /etc/lirc/hardware.conf but this doesn't seem to exist in R6 any more?

Anyway with the above changes the remote still doesn't work properly I've tried lsmod | grep lirc and it doesn't list anything which is making me think lirc isn't running.
sv restart lircd
gave:
ok: run: lircd: (pid 5071) 0s

which is confusing me even more. Any assistance much appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:45 am 
Don't know if this of any use to you, but I was having problems with my remote using the onboard dongle on a Nova-T card. (See here).

There may / may not be of any help within it, however there are a few ideas you might want to look at even if it's just following the link therein to the arch wiki about setting up ir remotes.

Not a solution by any stretch, but hope it helps.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:06 am 
To make sure I understand, now the directional buttons and OK button no longer work? Do you happen to know what /etc/lircd.conf and /etc/lircrc were pointing to before you changed them to mceusb?

Code:
$ lsmod | grep lirc
should definitely give you some output. Does it say anything after you restart the daemon? What about after a reboot?

Also try
Code:
$ dmesg | grep lirc
to see any boot messages that are relevant.

Possibly a relevant link: http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/installation-issues/1567-cyberlink-usb-remote-w-lirc.html.

You may also want to browse around /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes and see if anything sounds relevant enough to try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 am 
If even one button works on your remote then lirc is running.

messages go from the the input to a driver then to lircd which serves myth and irexec (and others).

Start at the bottom and see if you have the driver working:
turn off lircd:
Code:
sv stop lircd

Then use mode2:
Code:
mode2
you may have to specificy the device such as:
mode2 --device=/dev/lirc0

This will show you all of the raw IR codes coming in through the driver. If you have the right driver AND the remote is sending codes then you will see the IR code for each button press.

If you see everything here then move up to check lircd as follows:
Code:
sv start lircd
irw

irw attaches in like mythtv to lircd and will tell you what the remapped key presses are. This mapping is defined in lircd.conf (usually on /etc/lircd.conf or /etc/lirc/lircd.conf) and it takes the raw IR code and gives it a label such as "ChannelUp". If you see some labels are missing vs your mode2 test then the issue lies with the your lircd.conf file.

BTW, what remote are you using.