View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
 Post subject: Remote stopped working.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:49 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:48 am
Posts: 852
Location: London, UK
Hi everyone,

Recently I finally got my ir remote working under R6 + .22. (And boy was I pleased with myself!) As seen here

On Sunday morning (GMT) I ran pacman - Syu as to see if there were any updates available and there were, so I installed them. Especially as one was the updated nvidia drivers.

Since then the remote has stopped working and is back to it's old behaviour of just the arrow keys working and the OK button. (Very annoying.)

I've checked my original changes - most notably the /usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/lirc.fdi which is meant to seperate the ir signal out from the tv card.

Could anyone help me trouble shoot this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

My specs are in my sig.

The post linked to above has my previous adventures documented.

Regards

Chris

_________________
Version:R8
Intel C2D 7400, Nvidia 5600 via HDMI to Samsung B37B650TW (PAL), Asus P5QL-E mobo, 4Gb PC6400 DDR2 ram, Samsung Spinpoint 500 Gb & 1Tb drive, Nova-HD-S2 (x2)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:37 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:48 am
Posts: 852
Location: London, UK
Hi guys,
It seems I have solved this problem myself.

Actually, what I did was check the /etc/sv/lircd/run file, which it seemed had been updated with a configuration from LINHES central. While my modified /usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/lirc.fdi retained my changes that originally had caused the remote to work.

With the updated /etc/sv/lirc/run file which had the DIVCO stuff in it the remote would not work. Getting rid of that file and replacing it with one that contained
Code:
#!/bin/bash
exec /usr/sbin/lircd -n -H devinput -d "/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:05:02.0-event-" 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null

and a reboot, now the remote works again.

I thought I'd checked these settings and already replaced the run file with the above code, but it appears it did not take. (Perhaps I didn't save them or something?) Just goes to show, it's more often than not 'human error' that's the problem. The hardware tries to do as it's told.

Oh well.

If a mod wants to delete this little thread feel free as it doesn't really add a great deal.

Regards Chris

_________________
Version:R8
Intel C2D 7400, Nvidia 5600 via HDMI to Samsung B37B650TW (PAL), Asus P5QL-E mobo, 4Gb PC6400 DDR2 ram, Samsung Spinpoint 500 Gb & 1Tb drive, Nova-HD-S2 (x2)


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu