View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:20 pm 
Hi,

I have been trying to get my GeForce MX 440 PCI video card with TV-Out to work with my TV set. After much struggle and no success, I noticed a previous posting that mentioned the "install-nvidia.sh" script. Since nothing else worked, I thought maybe the trouble was in the "nv" driver and to replace it with the one from NVIDIA.

Running that scripts *seemed* to help as it installed an XFree driver that worked with TV-Out very nicely. So that part is looking good... then I tried rebooting and running "mythtv" as normal. No response.

Open an xterm and type "mythtv" from bash prompt and I get this error message :

mythtv: relocation error: /usr/lib/tls/libGLcore.so.1: undefined symbol: __gl_tls_ves0 (not sure of last 4 characters or so)

Now, I am not sure of the exact spelling, as I was trying to read this off of a TV screen and it is not the most clear image, even with S-video

I quick google search uncovered "mythtv: relocation errors" indicate a compiler mismatch of some sort.

So, it appears, I fixed the GeForce MX 440 PCI w/TV-Out, but killed MythTV temporarily dead.

Does anyone have any insight as to how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:35 pm 
Odd problem...some have solved it with a reinstall other grabber the latest nvidia drivers and that solved it...

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:25 am 
I went to the nvidia website and got the latest Xfree86 drivers and installed them. They worked like a champ right out of the box. No more wonky errors or crashes. The installer did complain about compiler mismatches but apparently that issue has been fixed.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/

The nvidia drivers work great and the problem is solved... however...
these drivers are proprietary closed source. Has anyone had any luck with the open source alternative?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out

I plan to try these out as soon as I get my PVR box off the floor and back up on the bench for more testing & tweaking. (its hooked up to the living room TV for trial runs...)

THANKS!!

Andrew Lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:17 am 
For best performance, you'll want to use the closed source drivers. The nvtv-out is just that, it helps adjust setting for nvidia based cards that have tv, it does nothing else(that I'm aware of...).

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:26 pm 
I had to reinstall KnoppMyth last night and got the relocation error. I found that if you update XMLTV with apt-get it installs a new version of kernel-headers. If you install the NVIDIA drivers before updating XMLTV you will not have the problem, but you can't compile any other programs either.

Sean Hawkes