View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: PVR 350
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:23 pm 
Just wanted to let you know that I got a PVR 350 working with R3.

It was kind of a hassle, so I'm looking forward to R4 (I was going to request ivtv inclusion, but I see that is already popular).

My method was get the kernel source (the knoppix kernel source- the debian one didn't work), get ivtv source. Build the ivtv drivers, following those instructions a couple times. The first time, the modules wouldn't load, the second time they would load but /dev/video0 didn't work, third time was a charm.

Anyway thanks for an awesome project! I bow before the impressive display of linux skills of the project maintainers. Can't wait for R4, because then I can recommend it to PVR series users as well.

Hopefully the maintainer of the Debian packages will package up V.12 of mythtv soon, so R4 can be upgraded, I hear MythTv v.12 is really good with the PVR series cards.

-Erratic K

Post subject: Re: PVR 350
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:26 pm 
erratick wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I got a PVR 350 working with R3.

:D
erratick wrote:
It was kind of a hassle, so I'm looking forward to R4 (I was going to request ivtv inclusion, but I see that is already popular).

Already included! I've tested w/ the 250, but don't have a 350. I should just work(knock on wood)!
erratick wrote:
My method was get the kernel source (the knoppix kernel source- the debian one didn't work), get ivtv source. Build the ivtv drivers, following those instructions a couple times. The first time, the modules wouldn't load, the second time they would load but /dev/video0 didn't work, third time was a charm.

Always the third time! ;-)
erratick wrote:
Anyway thanks for an awesome project! I bow before the impressive display of linux skills of the project maintainers. Can't wait for R4, because then I can recommend it to PVR series users as well.

You're welcome and thank you.
erratick wrote:
Hopefully the maintainer of the Debian packages will package up V.12 of mythtv soon, so R4 can be upgraded, I hear MythTv v.12 is really good with the PVR series cards.

Not needed for R4, I've built my own using checkinstall. I have debs for...lets keep that a surprise till the release! ;)
erratick wrote:
-Erratic K

cesman