View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:15 pm 
Has anyone managed to get the Vortex 2 working? Actually, even a Vortex 1 rev. 2 would be okay. I tried getting alsa to recognize my vortexes in my last install (I disabled the working onboard sound because the quality was really crappy), and ended up not only not getting it to work but hosing my install. So I'm currently reinstalling and am wondering if there is anything I should know about getting one of these cards to work. Who knows, maybe it'll work right off the bat with this one.

Secondly, I have a Creative Labs DXR3 that I'd like to get Myth to use to decode DVD's. I have no experience using this card under linux, any suggestions? Also, since it is a hardware MPEG II decoder, would this somehow help my tv viewing? Any other suggestions for how I might use this card in this box?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:31 pm 
the dxr3's are pretty well supported in linux just google for dxr3 linux you should find the drivers right off. since it is a mpeg2 decoder it should accelerate the files recorded by a pvr250, but I'm not sure that the mythtv video player supports it, and from what I understand it only outputs the accelerated stream to the tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:36 pm 
http://aureal.sourceforge.net/
The DXR3 can be used w/ MPlayer, it is just a matter of the switches you give it(I think), take a look at the MPlayer docs.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 pm 
well actually I was referring to the tv playback and livetv which does not use mplayer. And I don't know if the Mythtv player works with the dxr3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:59 am 
Thanks guys... I'm having some difficulties with the aureal drivers, but I think that's just because I'm not very experienced with linux drivers.

It looks like MythTV uses mplayer to play videos, any idea what I should set the "Default Player" line to read so that it takes advantage of it? It currently reads:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

And for the DVD Player:
Code:
mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device %d -fs -zoom -vo xv

Thanks again!