View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 pm 
I can't 'force' a recording in mythweb. it says FORCED, but is not scheduled and doesn't record. Anyone else seeing this? Is this a bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 am 
TMS,

It's definitely working for me. I'm going in and adjusting it from the web interface, not directly through the mythfrontend.

I have NFL set to record games 45 minutes long so that I don't miss overtime play. That causes scheduling conflicts when 2 games play back to back on the same channel. So I do as follows:

Open MythWeb, and select the first game, bringing up the recording properties window.

Press "Record on this show" which will cause Myth to create an exception for this program -- i.e. shows up as "forced" on the schedule.

Adjust it to not record long.

Press "save"

When I look at the schedule, that particular show says "forced." Is this the same thing that you're trying to do?

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 pm 
Actually, I FORCE under Upcoming Recordings using the Activate or Record This link. It will show at FORCE and green, but never really be scheduled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 am 
bpmcgee wrote:
I have NFL set to record games 45 minutes long so that I don't miss overtime play. That causes scheduling conflicts when 2 games play back to back on the same channel. So I do as follows:

Open MythWeb, and select the first game, bringing up the recording properties window.

Press "Record on this show" which will cause Myth to create an exception for this program -- i.e. shows up as "forced" on the schedule.

Adjust it to not record long.

Press "save"

When I look at the schedule, that particular show says "forced."

bpmcgee: There's an easier way... Go to "Service Menu" > "Mythtv Setup" > "Setup" > "TV Settings" > "General" > 4th page. Category Record Overtime. Set it to "Sports event" (no quotes) and enter your time. As far as I can tell it's a "soft" extension so back-to-back recordings won't conflict.