View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm 
tfm55x, Thanks for your comments. I made that mistake the 1st time I tried this upgrade; that's how I happened to be starting with a clean install of R6.01. I had been running R5.5 since it 1st came out and had been carefully upgrading my 5 FE machines to R6.01 in preparation for the move to .22 via pacman.

I diverge:

Everything blew up when I happened to notice a mythfrontend package on a ubuntu machine I just built as an experimental toy. What the heck, it would be handy to be connected to mythtv from this ubuntu system. Tragically, ubuntu's mythfrontend was already at 0.22 and the 1st time I ran it, it said something like "your database schema is 44 versions downlevel, do you want me to upgrade?" I said "heck no", of course, but somehow the database schema was updated to a point that none of the FEs could talk to it. BTW: the ubuntu package also installed a BE which probably thought it owned that database and attempted and upgrade it without asking. Now I have 500G of recordings and a database backup that I need to get relaoded somewhere.

Post subject: Upgrade issues
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 pm 
I don't know if this will help you or not, but my 1214-schema-based database had errors in it that prevented me from doing a straight upgrade on it.

I figured this out after I first followed the instrtuctions in the link given after mythtv-setup exited with an error, but that didn't help.

I then followed http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/m ... 111#406111 , which tells you how to drop your mythconverg table (after backing it up,) restoring a blank 1214 mythconverg database, and then doing a partial restore of your database backup. The one omission the article makes is in the step after you've restored a 'blank' database. It then tells you to do a mythconverg-restore on your database without mentioning you need to add a --partial_restore flag to the command line when you run the restore script. Anyway, I've gotten past that point and am in the middle of running mythtv-setup. Hopefully, my programs will be there when I get done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 pm 
tfm55x, thanks for your database pointers... I will reference them when I have a "whole" system to import my old database to....

Now I am pretty sure I have no mythtv 0.22 in my system. I ran this simple search:
Code:
 find / |grep mythtv | grep "\-0\.2"

And got these results:

Quote:

/var/lib/pacman/local/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23
/var/lib/pacman/local/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/depends
/var/lib/pacman/local/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/install
/var/lib/pacman/local/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/desc
/var/lib/pacman/local/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/files
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/depends
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/desc
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra-testing/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra-testing/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/depends
/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra-testing/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23/desc
/var/lib/pacman/sync/core/mythtv-0.21-90
/var/lib/pacman/sync/core/mythtv-0.21-90/depends
/var/lib/pacman/sync/core/mythtv-0.21-90/desc
/usr/lib/libmythtv-0.21.so.0.21.0
/usr/lib/libmythtv-0.21.so.0
/usr/lib/libmythtv-0.21.so.0.21
/usr/lib/libmythtv-0.21.so
/data/var/cache/pacman/pkg/mythtv-vdpau-0.21-23-i686.pkg.tar.gz

It seems that I am not getting 0.22 from the core-testing or extra-testing repos.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:15 pm 
That's exactly what was happening to me before I got my /etc/pacman.cfg straightend out. I wonder what's causing that problem for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm 
tfm55x,
Hmmmm. What was your base knoppmyth installation that you upgraded??? I bet it wasn't the R6.01 that I started with... Did you start with th R5.5 CD install? Did you run any updates during time you were running?

I may install R5.5 on a test machine and try an upgrade from there. I tried upgrading from R6.01 from a CD installation unmodified and from R6.01 after running "pacman -Syu" and had the same results (trouble!) in both cases.

I may simply need to find the right starting place 8).

Thanks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 pm 
I think a base install of 6.01.00 sets the pacman configuration to the stable repositories rather than the testing ones. Whereas if you started with something like 6.00.02, it would have been set to the testing repositories.

Just edit /etc/pacman.conf and make sure it has these lines:
Code:
[core-testing]
Server = http://linhes.org/repo/i686/core-testing

[extra-testing]
Server = http://linhes.org/repo/i686/extra-testing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:15 am 
@barkman, I started with a LinHES 6.01 image, and applied it to my running KM 5.5 system.

@Greg Frost. That's exactly what I ran into.

Hauppague HD-PVR
HD-HomeRun
Proudly using KnoppMyth/LinHES since 2005 and deeply indebted to Cecil and company for their hard work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:58 pm 
And just a point of clarification for someone like me who was completely new to pacman... if you add "core-testing" and "extra-testing" to /etc/pacman.conf , you should comment OUT the original "core" and "extra" or things won't update/install as expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:49 pm 
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I found my problem.....ME! I had a typo in /etc/pacman.conf that messed up the [core-testing] server definition. I apparently did this more than once.

On a couple of my FE machines, I found that [core-testing] and [extra-testing] definitions had been added, but the [core] and [extra] stanzas had not been commented out; they were fine and upgraded with no problem after I made the corrections.

On my BE machine, I had to reinstall 0.21 from [core] and [extra] to clean up my mess enough to be upgraded to 0.22.

Thanks for all of the responses; they really helped. My wife was starting to hint that we should move on and get PVR from DirecTV :roll:

Two more FEs to go. Then I can attempt to recover my old 0.21 database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:16 am 
Hi,

I've been having issues with upgrading a 6.01.00 install to use mythtv 0.22. I follow the directions of the first post to the letter, but when it comes time to install the new version of mythtv, i am presented with 0.21 instead of 0.22. I have changed the repos to testing, and i have commented out the non testing versions, but i still can't get 0.22.

Code:
pacman -Sl|grep myth
gives me a heap of packages, and most of the plugins are 0.22 but the myth package is still mythtv-0.21-90 or somthing like that.

Any help of this would be appreciated.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:45 pm 
I just pointed my browser at:

http://knoppmyth.net/repo/i686/core-testing/

I could see:

mythtv-0.21-90-i686.pkg.tar.gz 18-Sep-2009 03:13 20M
mythtv-svn-22783-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz 10-Nov-2009 13:06 28M

but no mythv-0.22-anything

I may be going out on a limb here, but I don't think the upgrade process is going to work until mythtv-0.22-something-or-other appears there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:52 pm 
Yeah something's definitely gone wrong there. I just tried pacman -Syu on my (working) 0.22 system and got this:

Code:
[paulsid@paulsid-tv ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core-testing             116.5K  180.6K/s 00:00:01 [#####################] 100%
 extra-testing             55.5K  122.2K/s 00:00:00 [#####################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: myththemes: local (0.22-22000) is newer than core-testing (0.21-3)
warning: mythtv: local (0.22-22000) is newer than core-testing (0.21-90)
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

It did not try to "upgrade" those packages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:47 pm 
Thank god it's not me loosing my marbles.

I hadn't realized that I was pointed to the testing repository the few months I've been using Myth, and did an upgrade to .22. After the DB was upgraded, my system started having weird boot problems- hanging for no reason on something called Avahi. Well I trashed things enough so it would never boot correctly beyond a command line.

I downloaded and started fresh from 6.01, and my goal was to bring it to a clean .22 install so I can copy over my orig DB (I used a fresh install disk) and recorded files.

I uninstalled everything, installed everything new, and much to my surprise, myth 21-90 is all that's in the repository!

I know my old DB is .22, and from what I can glean, that's not backward compatible.

Unless someone can tell me what tables to dump from the old DB for me to load into the new one, I'm stuck until .22 comes out.

Will there be an issue if I went forward with .21 and did that partial table load later?

Thanks a bunch...

...erik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 am 
I mentioned this issue to cesman on #linhes in irc.freenode.net today. I did not really speak with him about it (our replys were 5+ hours apart) other than mentioning there was a problem with 0.22 and the testing repo. Please feel free to jump in irc if you have problems as the devs don't monitor every thread in the forum. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:21 am 
mihanson wrote:
I mentioned this issue to cesman on #linhes in irc.freenode.net today. I did not really speak with him about it (our replys were 5+ hours apart) other than mentioning there was a problem with 0.22 and the testing repo. Please feel free to jump in irc if you have problems as the devs don't monitor every thread in the forum. :)

The problem has been resolved. You should all see the 0.22 packages in core-testing now.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next